Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Boardwalk Empire: Season Three

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 of 38 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,335 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted September 11 2012 - 03:50 AM

The new season starts on Sunday at 9 PM. After the events of last season, it'll be interesting to see where they go this year.

#2 of 38 OFFLINE   JohnS

JohnS

Producer

• 4,605 posts

Posted September 12 2012 - 10:29 AM

The new season starts on Sunday at 9 PM. After the events of last season, it'll be interesting to see where they go this year.

My DVR is set to go. I'm curious too, after the way it ended last season.

all-banner.jpg

#3 of 38 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,598 posts

Posted September 18 2012 - 03:41 AM

A bit disappointed in the opener...

Only because of Nucky's passing comment about Margaret

selling off his land....

...I mean, that was one of the big "oh sh*t" moments at the

end of last season, and I expected retribution.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#4 of 38 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,335 posts

Posted September 18 2012 - 04:05 AM

Like the season openers of many shows, it was alot of necessary evil stuff since they have to set up the characters & their stories and fill in the blanks of what happened between the two seasons. The new gangster (Rosetti?) seems pretty threatening. Nucky, Rothstein, Luciano, etc. have no problem killing people but this guy seems like a psycho first and a businessman second. I'm curious why it took Harrow all that time to get around to getting revenge against Manny for killing Angela. Obviously, the real world answer is that the writers wanted it to happen onscreen rather than be referred to.

#5 of 38 ONLINE   Scott Hanson

Scott Hanson

Screenwriter

• 2,904 posts

Posted September 18 2012 - 11:38 AM

Loved the premiere.  Cannavale is a great addition to the cast.  I'll be shocked if he makes it past this season though.  Rothstein is awesome.  That smile he gave when Rosetti called him a "smug, kike midget" was priceless.

#6 of 38 ONLINE   Scott Hanson

Scott Hanson

Screenwriter

• 2,904 posts

Posted October 02 2012 - 04:30 AM

Is no one watching this?

The season has been great, but I have to admit Margaret really brings the show to a grinding halt every scene she's in.  She needs to go.  Interestingly, the stuff with Nucky is also much less interesting than what's going on with Rothstein, Luciano, Lansky, Harlow, Gyp or even Chalky.

#7 of 38 OFFLINE   Jeff Brooks

Jeff Brooks

Second Unit

• 255 posts
  • LocationSugar Hill GA USA

Posted October 02 2012 - 05:07 AM

I will say that Bobby Cannavale sure is getting into his role as Gyp. Man, is he whack.

#8 of 38 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,335 posts

Posted October 02 2012 - 06:44 AM

Loved the scene with Harrow coming to visit Nucky with Mickey in tow.

Is no one watching this?

I have a bunch of stuff going on right now but I always see the show when it airs. No waiting for On Demand for me. :)

I will say that Bobby Cannavale sure is getting into his role as Gyp.

Yeah, I don't think I've ever seen him anything before (not that I remember anyway) but he's great as Rosetti. He brings a menace where you're constantly wondering if he's going to fly off the handle but at the same time, I also like him because he's so 'evil'. You can tell that the actor is enjoying the hell out of the role too.

#9 of 38 OFFLINE   Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

• 25,073 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted October 02 2012 - 10:28 AM

I'm taking odds on which person kills Rosetti.  Right now, I'm thinking Harrow from long distance with a scope.

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Listing

#10 of 38 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,598 posts

Posted October 15 2012 - 06:23 AM

What an exceptionally terrific episode this week.

Things should really start heating up now.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#11 of 38 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,335 posts

Posted October 15 2012 - 07:07 AM

I wonder if Rosetti is going to be mad?

#12 of 38 OFFLINE   Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

• 25,073 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted October 15 2012 - 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by Ronald Epstein 

What an exceptionally terrific episode this week.

Things should really start heating up now.

Meet the infamous Bugsy Siegel, who was only 17 during last night's action.

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Listing

#13 of 38 OFFLINE   Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

• 25,073 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted October 15 2012 - 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by TravisR 

I wonder if Rosetti is going to be mad?

Mad, he'll get, but also dead in due time.

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Listing

#14 of 38 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,335 posts

Posted October 15 2012 - 11:09 AM

And a big thumbs up to a great Taxi Driver homage.

#15 of 38 ONLINE   Scott Hanson

Scott Hanson

Screenwriter

• 2,904 posts

Posted October 16 2012 - 01:42 AM

So are we to assume it was Rothstein who ordered the hit, since he was there when Rosetti told the other kid to bring him a paper everyday?  Since Rothstein had indicated earlier taking out Rosetti would create more problems for him, were the directions to take out everyone but Rosetti?  Also seemed strange that they would let that kid in the inn at all...why not just take the newspaper?

What was the Taxi Driver homage?  Just the shooting scene?

#16 of 38 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,335 posts

Posted October 16 2012 - 02:13 AM

So are we to assume it was Rothstein who ordered the hit, since he was there when Rosetti told the other kid to bring him a paper everyday?

I'm sure it'll be made clear next episode but it must have been Rothstein since, like you said, he knew about the newspaper delivery. I also assume that Rosetti was supposed to be killed but that went out the window when Rosetti started shooting back.

What was the Taxi Driver homage?  Just the shooting scene?

Yeah, that shot panning over top of the carnage. I was happy to see Eddie Cantor back again. Not that I'm an authority on the real man but the actor just seems to perfectly capture a vaudeville performer to me.

#17 of 38 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,335 posts

Posted November 04 2012 - 02:26 PM

I love this show. Maybe I'm just sick but the scene with Van Alden and the iron had me in hysterics. And the end took me completely by surprise. Clearly, something was going down but I sure wasn't expecting that.

#18 of 38 OFFLINE   Walter Kittel

Walter Kittel

Producer

• 4,790 posts

Posted November 04 2012 - 03:47 PM

You could see the build up with Van Alden coming from early in the scene. Michael Shannon really sold Van Alden's glee at finally striking back at his tormentors. The look of satisfaction on his face while holding the iron on the wise acre's face was palpable. The event at the end surprised me not because it happened, but because of what did happen. When I saw the freeze frame of Billie Kent, you knew some bad stuff was going to happen. Given the nature of the attack and Owen's familiarity with that method will Nucky falsely suspect Owen? Just a wild theory. - Walter.
Fidelity to the source should always be the goal for Blu-ray releases.

#19 of 38 OFFLINE   Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

• 25,073 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted November 05 2012 - 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Walter Kittel 

You could see the build up with Van Alden coming from early in the scene. Michael Shannon really sold Van Alden's glee at finally striking back at his tormentors. The look of satisfaction on his face while holding the iron on the wise acre's face was palpable.
The event at the end surprised me not because it happened, but because of what did happen. When I saw the freeze frame of Billie Kent, you knew some bad stuff was going to happen. Given the nature of the attack and Owen's familiarity with that method will Nucky falsely suspect Owen? Just a wild theory.
- Walter.

Nah, Nucky knows exactly who would have done this act as Owen could and would've done it successfully without hurting so many other people.

There's going to be a lot of killing over the remaining epidsodes and I still think it's going to be Harrow that kills Rosetti.

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Listing

#20 of 38 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,335 posts

Posted November 05 2012 - 12:42 PM

There's going to be a lot of killing over the remaining epidsodes and I still think it's going to be Harrow that kills Rosetti. 

I'm curious who will end up killing Gillian*- Luciano or Nucky? Luciano isn't going to like having been suckered into giving up the info on going to Babette's and Nucky isn't going to be happy that his girl is most likely dead. * Assuming that actually happens.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users