Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Disk players that record- can one specify Station/start-time and end-time

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Sumnernor

Sumnernor

Supporting Actor

• 831 posts
  • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted September 11 2012 - 07:12 AM

I am not sure if this post is in the right forum.   For a Disk recorder - can one with all types of recorders specify, station start and end time. In the US there is a "Tivo"   where a friend gives say CBS and Tennis and it will record that for the time specified by the station. Since sports such as tennis, end-times will very and a friend gets the beginning but not the end. I ask, can one specify the station and the start-time and the end-time for ALL recorders in the US/Canada regardless whether it is a Tivo or not?

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Steve Schaffer

Steve Schaffer

Producer

• 3,759 posts

Posted September 11 2012 - 03:21 PM

If by "Disk recorder" you're referring to a box that records shows on a hard drive for later viewing almost all of them allow you to add additional time to the recording so stuff that starts late due to a game is recorded in it's entirety.
Steve S.
I prefer not to push the subwoofers until they're properly run in.

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Paul D G

Paul D G

Screenwriter

• 1,645 posts

Posted September 11 2012 - 11:11 PM

...and the DVR through my cable company allows you to program a specific channel and time range, rather than a program. So I can set it to record CBS from 6.20p - 7.15p.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users