What's new

Disk players that record- can one specify Station/start-time and end-time (1 Viewer)

Sumnernor

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Sumner Northcutt
I am not sure if this post is in the right forum.

For a Disk recorder - can one with all types of recorders specify, station start and end time. In the US there is a "Tivo" where a friend gives say CBS and Tennis and it will record that for the time specified by the station. Since sports such as tennis, end-times will very and a friend gets the beginning but not the end. I ask, can one specify the station and the start-time and the end-time for ALL recorders in the US/Canada regardless whether it is a Tivo or not?

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
If by "Disk recorder" you're referring to a box that records shows on a hard drive for later viewing almost all of them allow you to add additional time to the recording so stuff that starts late due to a game is recorded in it's entirety.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
...and the DVR through my cable company allows you to program a specific channel and time range, rather than a program. So I can set it to record CBS from 6.20p - 7.15p.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks