Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Disk players that record- can one specify Station/start-time and end-time

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 Sumnernor

Sumnernor

Supporting Actor

• 828 posts
  • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted September 11 2012 - 03:12 AM

I am not sure if this post is in the right forum.

For a Disk recorder - can one with all types of recorders specify, station start and end time. In the US there is a "Tivo"   where a friend gives say CBS and Tennis and it will record that for the time specified by the station. Since sports such as tennis, end-times will very and a friend gets the beginning but not the end. I ask, can one specify the station and the start-time and the end-time for ALL recorders in the US/Canada regardless whether it is a Tivo or not?

#2 of 3 Steve Schaffer

Steve Schaffer

Producer

• 3,759 posts

Posted September 11 2012 - 11:21 AM

If by "Disk recorder" you're referring to a box that records shows on a hard drive for later viewing almost all of them allow you to add additional time to the recording so stuff that starts late due to a game is recorded in it's entirety.
Steve S.
I prefer not to push the subwoofers until they're properly run in.

#3 of 3 Paul D G

Paul D G

Screenwriter

• 1,593 posts

Posted September 11 2012 - 07:11 PM

...and the DVR through my cable company allows you to program a specific channel and time range, rather than a program. So I can set it to record CBS from 6.20p - 7.15p.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users