Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Dennis Muren and Ben Burtt on Indiana Jones The Complete Adventures

Interview Paramount

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 OFFLINE   Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 14,959 posts
  • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted September 11 2012 - 02:27 AM

#2 of 9 OFFLINE   Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member

• 5,506 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted September 11 2012 - 07:49 AM

I thought the Ark had gone to some vast government warehouse? :). I have to set side some time just to read the first post. Stuff like this is what brings me to the HTF.
Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#3 of 9 OFFLINE   kenkraly20212

kenkraly20212

Agent

• 45 posts

Posted September 11 2012 - 07:55 AM

Great job and great article Home Theater Forum looking forward to the Indiana Jones Complete Adventures Blu-Ray Collection next Tuesday. Plus I look forward to your review of the box set soon. Very happy to hear that both Temple Of Doom and Last Crusade have been restored in 4K for the blu-ray releases as well as Raiders Of The Lost Ark.

#4 of 9 OFFLINE   RolandL

RolandL

Screenwriter

• 2,505 posts
  • LocationCromwell, CT

Posted September 11 2012 - 02:50 PM

Screen comparisons of Blu-Ray to DVD on caps-a-holic

Roland Lataille
Cinerama web site

#5 of 9 OFFLINE   GregK

GregK

Supporting Actor

• 970 posts

Posted September 12 2012 - 05:53 PM

Thanks for the detailed review, Adam. Is there any word on if the original 4 channel mix for RAIDERS will still be included on the BluRay as an alternate choice?

#6 of 9 OFFLINE   SilverWook

SilverWook

Screenwriter

• 1,660 posts

Posted September 12 2012 - 06:31 PM

I recall seeing the ark on display at the Star Wars 10th anniversary celebration. (Along with the matte painting for the final scene.) It wasn't roped off or anything, and people were lifting the lid to peek inside. :D

#7 of 9 OFFLINE   Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 14,959 posts

Posted September 12 2012 - 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregK /t/323654/dennis-muren-and-ben-burtt-on-indiana-jones-the-complete-adventures#post_3974344 Thanks for the detailed review, Adam. Is there any word on if the original 4 channel mix for RAIDERS will still be included on the BluRay as an alternate choice?
Neil will have the full review and he is already raving about it on his FB page.  For English Raiders only has 5.1 DTS HD MA.  Additionally there is French 5.1 Dolby Digital, Spanish 5.1 and 2.0 Dolby Digital and Portugese 5.1 and 2.0 Dolby Digital.

#8 of 9 OFFLINE   Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 14,959 posts

Posted September 15 2012 - 08:38 PM

Neil's review is now up: http://www.hometheat...-blu-ray-review

#9 of 9 OFFLINE   Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 14,959 posts

Posted September 24 2012 - 11:22 PM

Contest: Win a copy of Indiana Jones the Complete Adventures on Blu-ray along with a hat and whip!  To enter send an email to contest 'at' hometheaterforum.com with the answer to the following question in the subject line: Where did Ben Burtt go to record the audio for the mine car chase scene in Temple of Doom?  The answer can be found in the text and/or videos above.  Please include your name, member name and address in the body of the email.  You must be over 18, a member in good standing of Home Theater Forum to enter and prize must be shipped to the US or Canada.  Contest ends Monday October 1st.   EDIT: Just to clarify, winner will be drawn from all entries with the correct answer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users