What's new

Borderlands Series discussion (1 Viewer)

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Here is the official Borderlands 2 thread
What character will everyone play with first?
I think I might start with Maya. But Zer0 does seem tempting
Axton (commando): Skill:Sabre Turret-Axton is able to deploy a versatile Dahl Sabre Turret, a veritable arsenal with 360° rotation and a weapons complement that can be upgraded to include multi-rocket launcher and a portable nuke. Cooldown is 48 seconds (same as Salvador).
Maya (Siren): Skill:Phaselock-Maya's skill gives her the ability to suspend foes in a bubble of energy. This can lock an opponent in a stasis, and can be upgraded to provide various damaging effects. This skill is useful for crowd control in both co-op and single player mode. Repeatedly Phaselocking the same enemy results in diminishing returns.
Zer0 (Assassin): Skill:Decepti0n-Decepti0n, grants him the ability to deploy a holographic decoy of himself and enter an invisible "stealth mode." While cloaked, Zer0 can maneuver about the battlefield dealing amplified damage on his next attack. The longer Zer0 stays cloaked the more damage he can inflict to enemies, however, the shorter Zer0 stays cloaked, the faster he is able to use the skill again. Zer0 does not enter a separate dimension, like Lilith when she Phasewalks, and can still take damage from grenades and other forms of splash damage while cloaked.
Salvador (Gunzerker): Skill:Gunzerkering-wield two guns at once and fill their enemies with twice the amount of hot lead than was previously possible. His rampage and gun lust trees up the ante by boosting his dual wielding skills and amping up weapon stats. The brawn skill tree is all about bumping up the amount of damage Salvador can take and dish out.
Base cooldown for Gunzerking is 42 seconds.
Fifth Character (DLC Oct 16th)
Gaige (Mechromancer): a punk girl in a jean jacket, pigtails, and a robot arm. Her support ability summons a giant tank named Deathtrap who, unlike commando Axton’s turrets, is there to draw fire away from the player.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
In the original Borderlands game, the Siren was my favorite play style but since they have modified how Phasewalk operates I'll start with Zer0 since that seems like the closest match to the original Siren in terms of capabilities. Looking forward to many hours with Borderlands 2.
- Walter.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I completed Borderlands with the siren. I enjoyed the Phasewalking very much.
So I think I'll enjoy playing as a siren again and putting all of my enemies in a stasis bubble.
I only beat the game once.
So my goal with Borderlands 2 is to finish the game with all five characters.
It's going to be hard to do when Resident Evil 6 comes out weeks later and then Black Ops II a month later. Then Bioshock Infinite months after that.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Originally Posted by Sam Posten /t/323647/borderlands-2#post_3973143
I've preordered, planning on the turret guy but pissed they took away my hawk =(
You're the only person on the planet disappointed that they took away that stupid bird....

Just teasing, my friend was using it though on our multiplayer play through and it was always useless as far as doing what he thought it would do. Not bad against the bat things though.

Is this one carrying over the split screen co-op? Games never seem to support it but it's a great mode. I prefer it to online death matches and that malarkey.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I really hope the driving improves.
From Gearbox- Gearbox is already spinning up the DLC hyperdrive -- it's already announced five $10 DLC

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Originally Posted by JohnS /t/323647/borderlands-2#post_3974260
I really hope the driving improves.
From Gearbox- Gearbox is already spinning up the DLC hyperdrive -- it's already announced five $10 DLC
I agree, the driving was a real pain!

all that DLC makes my decision to wait for the mega collection sale at some future date all the more firm. Unless I find a loot box limited edition kicking around somewhere ha ha

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Skill Tree is now active.
Go here to do a pre-plan skill tree arangement.
http://www.borderlands2.com/us/skilltree/siren.html
http://www.borderlands2.com/us/skilltree/gunzerker.html
http://www.borderlands2.com/us/skilltree/commando.html
http://www.borderlands2.com/us/skilltree/assassin.html
a $30 season pass available at launch, which will make the four pieces of $10 DLC accessible for the price of three. The season pass is available for Xbox 360, PS3 and PC.
Pass holders will be able to download the new content as it goes live, with all four "scheduled to be available by June 2013." Borderlands 2 – and the Season Pass – will cooperatively roll into retail September 18.
Gearbox Software has ambitious plans for Borderlands 2's post-launch downloadable content. They intend to release four sizable DLC packs for the game. Players will have the option to buy all of these add-ons at a reduced rate.
Each DLC pack is described as a "content campaign." Players can expect several hours of gameplay, new characters, and new locations in each.
These add-ons will retail for $9.99 apiece

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Season pass for 25% off at GreenManGaming (PC)
GMG25-1BW0K-K1A3G
http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/rpgs/borderlands-2-season-pass-na/

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
My Xbox controller just crapped out on me. My LB button is sticking and my L joystick doesn't move like it should.
As soon as I get paid tomorrow, I need to run out and get a new controller before Tuesday.
And since I don't have any yet, I'm going to buy a couple of recharable battery packs.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Patiently waiting for the UPS man to bring me the game so I can get in a few hours of play before I have to go into work tonight.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Looks like the producers of Borderlands 2 are fans of Strike Back. Loved the use of that show's theme song in the game opening. (Short Change Hero by The Heavy.) The opening feels like an homage to the animated title sequence in Strike Back.
Trying to get used to the different appearance of the information panels, skill tree, weapons, etc. Not there yet.
- Walter.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Walter Kittel said:
Looks like the producers of Borderlands 2 are fans of Strike Back. Loved the use of that show's theme song in the game opening. (Short Change Hero by The Heavy.) The opening feels like an homage to the animated title sequence in Strike Back.
Trying to get used to the different appearance of the information panels, skill tree, weapons, etc. Not there yet.
- Walter.
Yeah the new menus were a little hard to get use to. Actually the whole game play in general, since I' haven't even touched this game for a long time.
But it all came back to me within about two hours.
My short time of playing it before work, I got to level 5.
I really love playing with Maya.
Her stasis bubble is great.
I upgraded my stasis bubble, so when I kill certain enemies they throw out health orbs.
I also picked up a skin for my character but have yet to see what it is.
I really liked the audio recording you picked up of Handsome Jack's when
when he shoots the woman with the messed up face
I'm using all day tomorrow to play again before my night of triple feature Indiana Jones.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Seeing where everyone is at.
I'm at level 20.
I'm really enjoying those robotic loaders.
I have a really good acid gun that I'm enjoying using and utilizing really well.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Too busy to play. Trying REALLY hard to catch one of those shift codes for 5 keys tho via duvalmagic on twitter, wish you could redeem em via web and not just in game

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Sam Posten said:
Too busy to play. Trying REALLY hard to catch one of those shift codes for 5 keys tho via duvalmagic on twitter, wish you could redeem em via web and not just in game
Going to play before the HTF meet Sam?:)

Users who are viewing this thread