Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Passive Subwoofer help

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   zero1234567888

zero1234567888

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted September 09 2012 - 02:58 PM

Hello! I recently acquired a Harmon Kardon AVR325 receiver, and using some oldish speakers, I created a music 5.1 system. I have 2 JBLs as my main front and lefts, two Rock Solid Monitors and my left and rights, a bw vm6 as my center, and I am having trouble getting my Rock solid 100 watt passive sub woofer to turn on. I have ti wired through the jbls, but it doesn't seem to respond. Can anyone help, or recommend a good, cheap amp that I can connect from the sub to the rca port on the receiver? thanks

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Al.Anderson

Al.Anderson

Screenwriter

• 2,385 posts

Posted September 09 2012 - 05:44 PM

You definitely need to amplify the signal, the HK uses a line level sub out and the passive speaker needs an amplified signal. I'm not up on sub amps, so I can't help with specifics, but someone will come along soon.

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 16,315 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted September 09 2012 - 08:01 PM

I moved the thread... Anyway, I would like to see how you've managed to run this off the JBL. Series? Parallel? But your best choice is to buy a mono amp. If you can handle used, Sony TA N110 is a good choice. They show up on Fleabay every once in a while. If you want new, here you go. There is also a similar amp sold by Dayton as well... http://www.amazon.co...ds=jamo mpa-101

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   av-holic

av-holic

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted September 11 2012 - 01:14 PM

I have had good luck with the Crown product: Crown Commercial Audio Series, 180A It has 1 input and one 80W power amplifier for single-zone systems.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users