Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

A few words about...™ The Most Dangerous Game -- in Blu-ray

A Few Words About

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 of 25 Charles Smith

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member

• 4,071 posts
  • LocationNor'east

Posted September 09 2012 - 02:18 PM

Beautiful stuff.

#22 of 25 Paul Penna

Paul Penna

Supporting Actor

• 512 posts

Posted September 10 2012 - 04:56 AM

In watching the Blu-Ray a couple months ago, I was struck by a handful of shots using very un-Kong-like cheesy jungle sets, as if they'd been thrown together quickly for specific set-ups, or perhaps Kong sets just lit or composed indifferently. Anyone else pick up on that?

#23 of 25 Richard--W

Richard--W

Producer

• 3,527 posts

Posted September 10 2012 - 05:28 AM

The Most Dangerous Game was filmed simultaneously with King Kong on King Kong's sets.

#24 of 25 Paul Penna

Paul Penna

Supporting Actor

• 512 posts

Posted September 10 2012 - 06:53 AM

The Most Dangerous Game was filmed simultaneously with King Kong on King Kong's sets.

I know, and I've watched Kong scores of times over the decades. That's why the scenes I'm talking about stuck out like a sore thimb.

#25 of 25 John Morgan

John Morgan

Supporting Actor

• 660 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted September 10 2012 - 10:57 AM

I wish all 1932 could look and sound this good. Pictorially, my only little quibble is I think the contrast is not as good as the Criterion and Roan. It is a bit flat (light) looking, but they fixed the sound splices that haunts most of RKO films of the period and certainly made the interior cave sequence much more dynamic. It looked light and a bit dupey in the previous releases. I love Steiner’s music so much, we rerecorded it (with The Son of Kong) back in 2000 for Marco Polo (Naxos), but it probably is out of print by now. Wish Kino’s THE BIRD OF PARADISE could have been half as good.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: A Few Words About

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users