What's new

UltraSeven Complete Series From Shout! - WOW! (1 Viewer)

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Here's a release no one was expecting!
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Ultra-Seven-The-Complete-Series/17464
Now the big question is - Which English Dub?!
There are two - one they did when the series aired in Hawaii in the 1970's, and the Dub Turner Programming Services (TPS) did for their airing in the 1990's.

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
Exciting news. I wonder if this means we might see a proper, Tsuburaya-approved re-release of ULTRAMAN from Shout down the line, or my holy grail, ULTRA Q, Japan's answer to the original OUTER LIMITS.

dhammer

Second Unit
Real Name
David
I am very happy and surprised to see Ultra 7 coming out. I didn't know there were two dub versions. I have a copy but the quality is pretty bad. It was the TBS one. I was a big fan of Ultraman 1966 growing up in the 60's. The version I got seems to be heavily edited. I can't wait to see this show in good quality.

dhammer

Second Unit
Real Name
David
vnisanian2001 said:
Better yet, I wonder if they'll put in the native Japanese version, with English subtitles?
According to the blog cited, it will be in Japanese with English subtitles. The English dubbing was never considered. He states why. Also, he says the banned episode will not be there.
For me this is a major disappointment. Personally, I don't like listening to foreign language and having to focus my attention on rapidly moving subtitles..I will still buy it but I won't throw out my English dubbed sets.
I bought all of the 8th Man episodes in Japanese. The quality was amazing but I much prefer understanding what they are saying. As I mentioned earlier, I think the TBS version was heavily edited. It will be interesting to see the episodes unedited.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks