Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Need recommendation for slim subwoofer.

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   richnsx

richnsx

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted September 07 2012 - 06:15 AM

Hello I need to find a powered subwoofer that can fit under my cabinet. The dimensional constraint is that maximum height is 4.6". There is really no issue with other dimensions. My budget pref is approx $300. It would be paired with Polk TSI 200 sides. Thanks, R

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 15,789 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted September 07 2012 - 07:42 AM

Every single flat subwoofer I can find.... 1. Lousy reviews 2. at least 4 3/4... Make your own???

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Jason Charlton

Jason Charlton

Producer

• 3,170 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted September 07 2012 - 07:58 AM

There really is NO OTHER place you can consider putting a subwoofer?  Even if you could find one that can fit, I can't imagine it being a good performer...  Heck, a smallish 10" cube in a corner would, IMO, be a better option.

Are you new to the Home Theater Forum? Stop by the New Member Introductions area and introduce yourself! See you there!

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   David Willow

David Willow

Babbling Idiot

• 2,217 posts
  • LocationMechanicsburg, PA

Posted September 07 2012 - 08:13 PM

Slim and subwoofer normally don't go together.  With subs, bigger is generally better.  Also, putting a sub (or any speaker) in a cabinet is usually a bad idea.  If possible, sit the sub in a corner or behind a couch or chair.  

I’m training to run a marathon for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, to raise life-saving funds to help those fighting blood cancers. Please help! See details and donation link here.

Dolby and DTS Plaques (downloads)
Audyssey Setup Guide

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users