What's new

Bat Masterson - Season 1 Volumes 1&2 (1 Viewer)

BrianHass

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brian Hassel
Who's found and picked up Bat Masterson Season 1 volumes 1&2 from Wal-Mart's $5 dump bin? I wasn't even aware Bat Masterson received an official release when I discovered these. They are in season order. 12 episodes each. Very good quality. $10 for 24 episodes is a great deal.

Escapay

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Albert Gutierrez
Which company released it? Is it Timeless Media Group? I'll have to check out my local Wal-Mart soon to see if they have it.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
BrianHass said:
Who's found and picked up Bat Masterson Season 1 volumes 1&2 from Wal-Mart's $5 dump bin? I wasn't even aware Bat Masterson received an official release when I discovered these. They are in season order. 12 episodes each. Very good quality. $10 for 24 episodes is a great deal.
Do they look like this?
http://www.amazon.com/Masterson-Starring-Barry-Interactive-Menus-Episodes/dp/B001CXL5UI/ref=sr_1_3?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1346797758&sr=1-3&keywords=bat+masterson
If so, I wonder about the legitimacy. Looks like bootleg stuff, although I'm surprised they are listed on Amazon?

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
I saw this on ebay.

f5113f5d_KGrHqRnQFKnh8KfBQQ6QjLJTQ60_12.jpeg

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
Richard's Amazon link is a bootleg. Ron's ebay case art is a legit release from a outfit called TGG Direct which has a deal with MGM and is also re-releasing THE YOUNG RIDERS S-1, THE NEW ADVENTURES OF FLIPPER S-2 in volumes, and a bunch of double feature and quadruple MGM movies.
I can only find TGG Direct's BAT MASTERSON Vol 1 at oldies.com and ccvideo.com no sign of Vol 2.
Brian, is anything on the Bat Masterson DVD cases indicating that there will be a Vol 3 to finish the first season and onward with the rest of the series?

BrianHass

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brian Hassel
I was able to find volumes 1&2 but there is not any indication of a volume 3 yet. But vol.1 was just released on July and I can find no reference for vol. 2 anywhere on the internet, but I have it. This is a very quiet release. They are not even listed on Amazon. I've watched the first 3 episodes and the quality is great. Any fan of classic westerns should be out looking for these at Walmart.

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
The same company put out In the Heat of the Night, season 1, the short season. I bought it for $5 at Walmart. Have no idea if they are putting out any more seasons of Night or not.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
BrianHass said:
I was able to find volumes 1&2 but there is not any indication of a volume 3 yet. But vol.1 was just released on July and I can find no reference for vol. 2 anywhere on the internet, but I have it. This is a very quiet release. They are not even listed on Amazon. I've watched the first 3 episodes and the quality is great. Any fan of classic westerns should be out looking for these at Walmart.
Very Quiet indeed - I wonder what other "quiet" releases might be coming.
Why licence the library and then dump the the episodes onto the market, same with those double features.

BrianHass

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brian Hassel
I'm not sure, but it was a fun find.... Something to get a small excitement over. I love classic TV on DVD and this was a nice surprise

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
BrianHass said:
I'm not sure, but it was a fun find.... Something to get a small excitement over. I love classic TV on DVD and this was a nice surprise
Aren't some of the BM episodes public domain? Could this be another public domain release (TGG Direct does a lot of those)?

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
JoeDoakes said:
Aren't some of the BM episodes public domain? Could this be another public domain release (TGG Direct does a lot of those)?
As far as I know, only one BM episode is public domain, "Stampede at Tent City", which I have seen on countless PD discs.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
I wonder what other shows they will be releasing and just "dumping" out on the market with no fanfair or anything.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
I stopped at my local wally's today and took a look at their bargain bins, but didn't see anything.
This has me baffled as the only BM Episodes I've seen available are the aformentioned Stampede at Tent City and another episode called The Fighter, both of which are on Mill Creek's Ultimate TV Westerns "Shovelware" Collection.
I PMed Ron Epstein and he doesn't know if these are legit or not. :confused: (Remember the "Stolen" Hanna Barbara Cartoon Sets that were sold at Big Lots a couple of years ago?) :laugh:
PS, I never heard the outcome of those HB Sets, did WB win their case or what?

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
I went to my local Walmart in California, and spent 20 minutes digging through the DVD bin, but no Bat Masterson. :(
Tonight, I found this article about the founder of TGG Direct, the company that has the DVD rights to Bat Masterson and other MGM titles.
It says the company has a deal to sell TGG’s DVD creations — most of them movies from the 1970s, ’80s and ’90s and old television shows such as The Three Stooges — in 1,300 Walmart stores, predominantly along the East Coast and in the Midwest. This may be why some people (like me) can't find them at their local Walmart.

shoeshineboy

Second Unit
Real Name
dan olson
Maybe some industrious east coasters/midwesterners would like to help out us west coast-types - a small mark-up and shipping would be my opening bid...

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
If TGG put out more of In the Heat of the Night, I'd buy that for sure. I would also like Bat Masterson.

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
I checked a Walmart in Germantown. MD with no luck. Part of the problem is that they have multiple bins that they keep full so it is hard to really dig around and see what might be towards the bottom. I suspect it might get a full release someday. I can wait.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Ron Lee Green said:
I went to my local Walmart in California, and spent 20 minutes digging through the DVD bin, but no Bat Masterson. :(
Tonight, I found this article about the founder of TGG Direct, the company that has the DVD rights to Bat Masterson and other MGM titles.
It says the company has a deal to sell TGG’s DVD creations — most of them movies from the 1970s, ’80s and ’90s and old television shows such as The Three Stooges — in 1,300 Walmart stores, predominantly along the East Coast and in the Midwest. This may be why some people (like me) can't find them at their local Walmart.

If this is the case, these little buggers are legit. I'll keep my eyes peeled for them, every time I'm at Wally's I dig their bins to see what's in them. I wouldn't be surprised if I see them as we approach the Holidays.
Hey TGG, while you're at it lets see some MORE ZIV Titles, I'd really like to see Sea Hunt, Highway Patrol, I Led 3 Lives and especially Ripcord! :D

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
TGG has been around for awhile repackaging and reselling MGM product. They are 100% legit.

When TIMELESS announced they were negotiating for some ZIV properties, a question was posed about their most popular series, including BAT MASTERSON and SEA HUNT, the cryptic answer from the poster was that his sources indicated there were "other plans" for those. Maybe this is what was meant?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks