Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

iPhone user goes to the Samsung Galaxy S3

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
267 replies to this topic

#261 of 268 OFFLINE   Peej

Peej

Auditioning

• 4 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 08:41 AM

Just looked at it. Way too big. I'm still not sure the S3 isnt too big for me, and the Note looks huge.

#262 of 268 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 16,203 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted November 09 2012 - 09:03 AM

Hi Peej. Welcome to HTF. I love the Sg3. Had every iPhone but stopped with the 4. Didn't like what I saw coming on the new iphone5 so with Ron's advice and feedback picked up sg3's for me and my wife. I have no regrets. The screen and hone is bigger then the iPhone and that's what I like. Only took a day or so for me to become accustomed to its size. Although as Ron mentioned If I knew about the Note 2 I would have gotten that instead but still no regret buying the sg3.
facebook.com/whotony

#263 of 268 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,281 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 10:01 PM

Quote:
Just looked at it. Way too big. I'm still not sure the S3 isnt too big for me, and the Note looks huge.

Peej,

Certainly, everyone has their own size limitations.  The phone will fit differently in each hand.

I was very concerned that the Note II would be monstrous.

But now owning it, I am amazed by how perfectly sized it is.  It's not huge for me and I don't

have large hands.  It fits very comfortably in the pocket.  

Again, maybe I am pushing something you already have made a definitive decision on, but keep

looking at that phone.  If you can pick it up in a store and really get a handle on it, you might 

think differently.

The phone has some really cool features that the GS3 did not have.  Among them is a landscape

email that displays your messages in panes.  Also, the S-PEN is cool to use.

Whatever you decide on, best of luck with your plans to enter the Android world.  I think you 

will be very happy.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#264 of 268 OFFLINE   Peej

Peej

Auditioning

• 4 posts

Posted November 12 2012 - 02:49 AM

Thanks. This is a surprisingly difficult decision, although this weekend Apple Maps again couldnt find the place I needed to get to.... so its a decision that is getting easier every day.

#265 of 268 OFFLINE   Paul D G

Paul D G

Screenwriter

• 1,614 posts

Posted November 12 2012 - 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by Peej 

I like the simple, out of the box thing. I dont bother to arrange and put my apps in folders now., much less bother to customize a widget screen. I just want a phone that works.

Keep in mind that just because you can customize your screens on the S3, it doesn't mean you have to. You can stick with the out-of-the-box setup if you wish, but if you decide to move things around you still have that option. For me, I did some minor tweaking and now all of the apps I use regularly are available on the home screen.

#266 of 268 OFFLINE   Peej

Peej

Auditioning

• 4 posts

Posted November 13 2012 - 02:04 AM

Well, I just talked to the guys at AT&T and I think I got a definitive reason to get an iPhone 5. If I move to another phone, I lose my unlimited data plan (which isnt offered anymore). With a 4G phone, that might be the clincher.

#267 of 268 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 16,203 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted November 13 2012 - 02:11 AM

That's not true. We moved two phones on AT&T from iPhones to SG3's. Took our unlimited plans right with us.
facebook.com/whotony

#268 of 268 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,281 posts

Posted November 13 2012 - 02:27 AM

Correct...

Your unlimited plan should carry over.

And really, there is no such thing as an "unlimited plan"

If you exceed 3GB of data the phone companies will throttle your connection.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users