Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

While we wait for A few words about...™ Raiders of the Lost Ark -- in Blu-ray

A Few Words About

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
704 replies to this topic

#701 of 705 zoetmb

zoetmb

Stunt Coordinator

• 134 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted December 20 2012 - 06:20 AM

sorry- double post

#702 of 705 zoetmb

zoetmb

Stunt Coordinator

• 134 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted December 20 2012 - 06:25 AM

I remember Windows 98, it had me in tears many times.

Really? I think Windows 98 was the only decent version of Windows ever produced. It was the first version of Windows to have a relatively intuitive UI and had a relatively good graphic design. And the OS was relatively stable - didn't get too many "blue screens of death". It's more recent versions of Windows (and Office) that drive me nuts and want to make me act like the guy in that classic viral video who beats the crap out of his computer.

#703 of 705 FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

映画ファン

• 4,014 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted December 20 2012 - 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by zoetmb 

Really? I think Windows 98 was the only decent version of Windows ever produced. It was the first version of Windows to have a relatively intuitive UI and had a relatively good graphic design. And the OS was relatively stable - didn't get too many "blue screens of death". It's more recent versions of Windows (and Office) that drive me nuts and want to make me act like the guy in that classic viral video who beats the crap out of his computer.

It was always freezing up and needing a hard reboot, no problems with XP especially after service pack 2 and none with Windows 7.

:Fun Movie Quotes:

"A good body with a dull brain is as cheap as life itself"   

"Maybe it's a sheep dog... let's keep going" 

"Please doctor, I've got to ask this. It sounds like, well, just as though you're describing some form of super carrot"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#704 of 705 Peter Neski

Peter Neski

Supporting Actor

• 872 posts

Posted December 20 2012 - 07:17 AM

Don't know how much better this could look,its not great looking,but not sure what the reason is ,at times it looks great,and the sound is fine,Amazing this won best Art Direction over Heavens Gate you wonder what they were smoking

#705 of 705 Gem1836

Gem1836

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted December 20 2012 - 12:43 PM

I saw the IMAX version of RAIDERS on one of the larger IMAX screens in New Rochelle, NY. It was disappointing in that there were focus issues, perhaps projection related, but it was a letdown. If we get to a point where Blu-Ray is preferable to seeing a film in a theater, just shoot me. Still waiting to see Spartacus restored the way Lawrence of Arabia was restored and seen in theaters last month. I would gladly settle for the 1991 "RESTORATION" in a theater. Thank you again Mr. Harris.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: A Few Words About

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users