Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

projector screen has horizontal lines

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 cher pel

cher pel

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted August 30 2012 - 07:24 PM

I first noticed this problem when I was playing PS3 on my Optoma projector screen - the screen occasionally went all fuzzy and then displayed some dead lines, but it went away usually within a few minutes so I didn't take any action upon it. However today, I sat down ready to play some PS3 and I was annoyed by the lines that it was showing, however this time there was even more lines then usual. It also had a completely black curve at the edge of the screen. I also found that the projector occasionally shuts down every few hours or so. I have tried leaving the projector for ages making sure it was cool and not overheating - I also tried moving it to a whole separate room to make sure the other devices weren't causing radio signals to be interrupted or anything of the sort, it's not the HDMI Cable either, as even with nothing but the power lead in the projector it still displays these pixelated lines across the image, as well as the black curve.

#2 of 2

Posted August 31 2012 - 03:52 PM

My first guess is that there is something failing with the DLP chip.  The symptoms that you are describing, accept the black curve, would indicate that some of the mirrors on the DLP chip are failing.

However, I have not heard of a DLP chip failing before.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users