What's new

American Horror Story: Asylum (1 Viewer)

spshultz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Ratzen
Same here.

And I really hope they haven't lost "it" with the second season.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The promotional campaign from FX has been fantastic. Just an absolutely freaky poster:
From Entertainment Weekly:
471f6ada_ahs-s2-art-4.jpeg

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
WHAT??? No posts on the premiere?

LOVED it!

Creepy as hell...Kit's "examination" gave me chills. Can't wait to see where this goes.

As a side note: even more than Season One, the art direction, editing, set design are PHENOMENAL!

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
You know, I don't think my DVR recorded it, and I'm wondering if it's because the title changed.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
ScottH said:
You know, I don't think my DVR recorded it, and I'm wondering if it's because the title changed.
I believe so. I double checked my Tivo before the premiere and found both AHS and AHSA listed separately in the title list. I think you had to choose the Asylum title if you wanted to record, as FX is also rerunning the original series, as well.
This is FX, so there are likely multiple repeats of the first episode. You should still be able to catch it before the second ep next week.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
If this season is like the last, the reruns are only available right before the new episode airs, with NO repeats on FX during the week, no access on FX.com. I had to download the HD version on Amazon Prime as it wasn't even available oniTunes yet!

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I love that while the first run was about phantasmic supernatural horror, "Asylum" seems to be about scientific supernatural horror, with alien abductions and mad scientists and mutated monsters.
And I just love the concept of telling a completely different story each run with largely the same cast. It makes the show feel like something of a repertory theatre.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
I can't stand Adam Levine, so imagine my delight when he got his arm ripped off. Now if they would only beat him with it. -lol
The premiere was great though and so creepy and f-ed up.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I really like the direction they took with this new season. Although I'm not sure about the whole alien thing. That kind of detracts from the creepiness of it all and turns it more sci-fi.

And just when I thought it couldn't get any creepier than Adelaide or the twins from season 1, they give me this:

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
ScottH said:
Although I'm not sure about the whole alien thing.  That kind of detracts from the creepiness of it all and turns it more sci-fi.
I look at that scene as an indication that he is actually crazy. Just because the audience saw the scene doesn't mean that it isn't mental illness.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Originally Posted by TravisR /t/323348/american-horror-story-asylum#post_3992528
I look at that scene as an indication that he is actually crazy. Just because the audience saw the scene doesn't mean that it isn't mental illness.

I thought that was a possibility too until the little mechanical bug came out of him.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
My DVR didn't record the premiere either, and it took more than a week for it to show up On Demand. I just watched it this afternoon. For me, not as scary/creepy as last year's premiere, but it held my attention enough to continue watching. The DVR did pick up the second episode (not watched yet) and hopefully will get tonight's so I can get caught up.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks