• Please log in to reply
215 replies to this topic

#41 of 216 OFFLINE   HunterMan

HunterMan

Stunt Coordinator

• 148 posts
  • LocationMid-West

Posted January 07 2013 - 02:41 PM

I agree HunterMan. Of all the old family oriented shows, this one has become my favorite. For some reason this family seems more "real' than most of the others IMHO. I have never seen the final seasons either, but I hope they will make it out also.

I've seen some of season 8 back when the show was on Nick at Nite...but I've never seen seasons 6-7. I don't remember much about season 8 (except for the series finale episode) either, so I really wish the last 3 seasons would be released. But, that's up to Sony. :rolleyes: You are so right, "DRS" seemed so much more "real" and interesting than other sitcom shows of the time...this has always been a reason I love the series so much! :) The cast was also almost as close in real life as they were on camera...and that too has been a huge captivating aspect for me as well. Other shows/casts seemed and were much more "faky" and were not close at all in real life.

#42 of 216 OFFLINE   DaveHof

DaveHof

Stunt Coordinator

• 212 posts

Posted January 07 2013 - 05:00 PM

Jeff's girlfriend Angie annoyed the heck out of me! :f But, he dated a few other girls that I wished had been in more episodes, instead of Angie. The episode where the girl hides under Jeff's bed, and then he finds her...getting down on his stomach, laying his head on his hands and simply saying "hi" was hilarious! Also, the way he and the girl "messed" with Mary when she was looking for the girl and couldn't find her completely cracked me up!! :laugh: That was one of my favorite episodes from Season 5, for sure! :D :tu:

That's Brooke Bundy - so beautiful. She was also in an episode of "Gidget" where I couldn't take my eyes off her. I'm just about through with the Season 5 set and I've enjoyed it immensely. Yes, there were a few forgettable shows ("The Handyman" comes to mind) and I have never been a fan of Tricia, but there were also plenty of standout episodes and interesting guest stars. The era when television could achieve such effortless class is, sadly, no more.

#43 of 216 OFFLINE   HunterMan

HunterMan

Stunt Coordinator

• 148 posts
  • LocationMid-West

Posted January 07 2013 - 05:15 PM

That's Brooke Bundy - so beautiful. She was also in an episode of "Gidget" where I couldn't take my eyes off her. I'm just about through with the Season 5 set and I've enjoyed it immensely. Yes, there were a few forgettable shows ("The Handyman" comes to mind) and I have never been a fan of Tricia, but there were also plenty of standout episodes and interesting guest stars. The era when television could achieve such effortless class is, sadly, no more.

Brooke Bundy must have been the girl under the bed...because I think Candy Moore (if I'm remembering the credits correctly) was Angie. The girl under Jeff's bed was beautiful and I really wished she could have become Jeff's regular girlfriend! Tricia was okay...but the first five seasons of the show were definitely the best, in my opinion! However, I still love all of it and truly hope the last 3 seasons eventually get released somehow! "The era when televison could achieve such effortless class is, sadly no more." I could not have said it better! Amen!! :tu:

#44 of 216 OFFLINE   phenri

phenri

Stunt Coordinator

• 117 posts

Posted January 08 2013 - 03:05 AM

The problem I have is that I bought seasons 4 and 5 before the first three. Now that I want to purchase the first three seasons, 1 and 2 are out of print. I wish there were plans to re-release them, or have MPI redo them.

#45 of 216 OFFLINE   HunterMan

HunterMan

Stunt Coordinator

• 148 posts
  • LocationMid-West

Posted January 08 2013 - 06:01 AM

The problem I have is that I bought seasons 4 and 5 before the first three. Now that I want to purchase the first three seasons, 1 and 2 are out of print. I wish there were plans to re-release them, or have MPI redo them.

They might be out of print...but there has to be tons of copies from before being sold on ebay, Amazon, ioffer.com, etc...Check those sites for the first 3 seasons.

#46 of 216 OFFLINE   phenri

phenri

Stunt Coordinator

• 117 posts

Posted January 08 2013 - 07:52 AM

Surprisingly, new copies of the first two seasons are priced at $90 to $120 dollars for seasons 1 and 2. I cannot even find season two on ebay. I ordered it on Amazon from a third party seller for about $21 last week and I was told that their supply ran out. Season 3 can still be had for less than $20. Very frustrating!

#47 of 216 OFFLINE   HunterMan

HunterMan

Stunt Coordinator

• 148 posts
  • LocationMid-West

Posted January 08 2013 - 02:39 PM

Surprisingly, new copies of the first two seasons are priced at $90 to $120 dollars for seasons 1 and 2. I cannot even find season two on ebay. I ordered it on Amazon from a third party seller for about $21 last week and I was told that their supply ran out. Season 3 can still be had for less than $20. Very frustrating!

Oh my gosh!! :eek: That's insane! I paid around $30-40 for each set, as they were released. I'm not sure why the first sets are now so expensive...they shouldn't be that rare?? :confused: I'll look around and if I find some cheaper first and second season sets being sold, I'll let you know.

#48 of 216 OFFLINE   Ron Lee Green

Ron Lee Green

Supporting Actor

• 589 posts

Posted January 08 2013 - 04:27 PM

Wow, I'm glad I got them when I did. Hopefully, MPI will re-release seasons 1-2 and the elusive final seasons. The fact that the first two seasons are sold out shows that there is a demand for them. Luckily, the show is airing on me-tv so fans can record them in the meantime.

"Congratulations. You're still in the running towards becoming America's Next Top Model."

#49 of 216 OFFLINE   phenri

phenri

Stunt Coordinator

• 117 posts

Posted January 09 2013 - 03:23 AM

Oh my gosh!! :eek: That's insane! I paid around $30-40 for each set, as they were released. I'm not sure why the first sets are now so expensive...they shouldn't be that rare?? :confused: I'll look around and if I find some cheaper first and second season sets being sold, I'll let you know.

I ordered a new Season 3 from Amazon yesterday for about $13, so my search continues for Seasons 1 and 2. Thanks for your help, HunterMan.

#50 of 216 OFFLINE   Tory

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-

• 1,316 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted January 10 2013 - 07:43 AM

Oh wow, wish I had gotten them but money is trouble. I didn't know they were out until a few months ago when I saw Season 1 relatively cheap at Rite Aid and purchased it. I'd have Season 2 if it was there. So check Rite Aid those seeking the early seasons. They had My Three Sons and Love Boat cheapish as well, 12 dollars I think.
Hungry enough to eat a turnip and call it a turkey.

#51 of 216 OFFLINE   HunterMan

HunterMan

Stunt Coordinator

• 148 posts
  • LocationMid-West

Posted January 10 2013 - 02:48 PM

I ordered a new Season 3 from Amazon yesterday for about $13, so my search continues for Seasons 1 and 2. Thanks for your help, HunterMan.

No problem! I'll continue to look for cheaper sets of Seasons 1 & 2. I can't get over the insane pricing of them now! :jawdrop:

#52 of 216 OFFLINE   classicmovieguy

classicmovieguy

Screenwriter

• 1,747 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted January 10 2013 - 04:49 PM

Seasons 1 and 2 were released in 2008 and 2009, respectively, by Virgil Films. Not 100% positive, but I believe their licensing deal for those seasons may have expired, hence why those sets are now OOP. Their release of Season 3 is still available but for how long I'm not quite sure.

"When I get a little money, I buy movies.  If there is some left over I'll attend to utilities and groceries".

My DVD and Blu-ray collection - http://classic-movieguy.dvdaf.com/

#53 of 216 OFFLINE   Ron1973

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire

• 1,133 posts
  • LocationSE Missouri

Posted January 10 2013 - 06:12 PM

Here's one on eBay with a going bid of $17.00. http://www.ebay.com/...=item416fc2be23

Find me on Facebook

My blog

Jethro, how come there's no ice in Californy? ~ Uncle Jed

Don't look at me, I didn't take it! ~ Jethro

#54 of 216 OFFLINE   BobO'Link

BobO'Link

Screenwriter

• 1,612 posts
  • LocationMid-South

Posted January 10 2013 - 06:17 PM

No problem! I'll continue to look for cheaper sets of Seasons 1 & 2. I can't get over the insane pricing of them now! :jawdrop:

Do you have a CH (DVD or TV) account? If so, look there for S2. It's currently available for just under $22 shipped. If you do not have an account with them it *might* be worth joining to get a copy. They currently offer several TVonDVD seasons/sets as enrollment items in their regular DVD club. Unfortunately, The Donna Reed Show is not one of those offered as a enrollment title.

#55 of 216 OFFLINE   Bob_S.

Bob_S.

Supporting Actor

• 618 posts

Posted March 11 2013 - 03:51 PM

Just finished watching "The Chinese Horse". What a great episode! Really enjoying season 5 so far. TDRS is my second favorite sitcom of all time. Sorry, #1 spot goes to The Dick Van Dyke show. I really hope the last 3 seasons come out. The only 2 episodes I have of that is the dvd that came in a box of cereal but I really enjoyed them. I agree about the Stone family being "real". Watching Alex blow his top and Mary and Jeff fight and call each other names reminds me so much of my own family! I'm really glad I invested in this series. After watching season 5 I think I might start again with season one.

#56 of 216 OFFLINE   BobO'Link

BobO'Link

Screenwriter

• 1,612 posts
  • LocationMid-South

Posted June 21 2013 - 08:46 AM

It was announced today by Mary Owen on the "We Love The Donna Reed Show" Facebook page that 'SEASON 5' of this great series will be coming out on December 4, 2012!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!! Can't Wait!!!!!!!! I can see a lot of holiday shopping bags being filled with gifts of 'Season 5' DVD Sets!!!! :) In all fairness to Mary Owen, she did say after she made this announcement: ("Let's hope the date sticks!")

Hey Greg... any word yet on Season 6?

#57 of 216 OFFLINE   Greg2356

Greg2356

Second Unit

• 340 posts

Posted July 21 2013 - 07:50 AM

The Donna Reed Show: Sixth Season

A photo with 'Cast Members' posted- Just 'Scroll' down a bit...

Edited by Greg2356, July 21 2013 - 11:57 AM.

#58 of 216 OFFLINE   BobO'Link

BobO'Link

Screenwriter

• 1,612 posts
  • LocationMid-South

Posted July 21 2013 - 09:04 AM

^Picture missing?

#59 of 216 OFFLINE   Greg2356

Greg2356

Second Unit

• 340 posts

Posted July 21 2013 - 09:56 AM

It's still being decided upon on how best to possibly obtain The Donna Reed Show's "Season 6." We don't know yet if this 'Sixth Season' will actually be released on DVD. The Donna Reed Show Sixth Season.jpg

Cast Members on First Row: Bob Crane, Ann McCrea, & Paul Petersen

Second Row: Patty (Patti) Petersen, Donna Reed, and Carl Betz

Edited by Greg2356, July 21 2013 - 12:57 PM.

• HunterMan likes this

#60 of 216 OFFLINE   DaveHof2

DaveHof2

Stunt Coordinator

• 137 posts

Posted July 21 2013 - 09:25 PM

I'll buy it when/if it comes out, but the show was never the same to me after Shelley Fabares's departure. I thought Tricia's arrival was very clumsily handled  - for a show that never seemed to drift too far from 1960s middle-America reality, the circumstances under which she joined the family bordered on ludicrous, and once there she never had that much to contribute. She was Cousin Oliver before Oliver was a twinkle in his parents' eye.

• Gary OS likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users