What's new

Denon AVR-590 audio problem (1 Viewer)

TimT63

Auditioning
Real Name
Tim Albaugh
New to forum. Thanks in advance for any feedback. I have a Denon AVR-590 set up to my Samsung tv using Directv service. Everything is run through the Denon receiver then hdmi to the tv. Worked fine for three years. Then last night there was suddenly a loud "click" and the sound went out on the Denon receiver. I've checked all connections. Unplugged and replugged back in. When you try and adjust the volume on the receiver (either with remote control or the knob on the receiver), it stops at "18db" and won't go any higher. No sound whatsoever.
Thoughts?
Thank you in advance.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
About the only thing you can do is unplug it for 24hrs, then just plug in a pair of speakers and see if that long of a layoff brings it back...
If not...new AVR time.

TimT63

Auditioning
Real Name
Tim Albaugh
Thanks for the quick response. I figured that was maybe gonna be the case. It was a system in a box. Like the speakers just fine. Any recommendations on replacement AVR's?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Ahh, you bought the DHT 590BA...with Boston Acoustics...
Not a bad speaker set. The 590 was a good purchase, it was better than everything else its price...
Well...
VCR?
Wii?
Laptop?
Want networking?
5.1 or 7.1 (you could always move the 4 BA to surround duty)?
2nd zone?

TimT63

Auditioning
Real Name
Tim Albaugh
Yes, it has worked for us just fine, til now. I'm happy with the speakers. Would keep them. We have directv, a wii and blu ray player. 5.1. No 2nd zones. My directv receiver is hooked up to a gaming router for online/ondemand connectivity. we're pretty simple.
I'm looking for ez set up and something that will work with what I already have.
So appreciate your taking the time to respond.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
You could always buy another 590 or 591(the 591 gained a few Audyssey perks). I checked Fleabay, quite a few out there.
Stay away from 13XX, 16XX and 17XX...you lose the analog video conversion for the Wii.
Personally I would save the dough and buy what you know...
This here would be perfect, you already have the remote(should be really close anyway)...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DENON-AVR-591-HD-AUDIO-RECEIVER-/170902175500?pt=Receivers_Tuners&hash=item27ca903f0c#ht_1876wt_1163

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks