Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Some of you might get a kick out of this...

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 12,860 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted August 27 2012 - 03:14 PM

I've been doing AV since '78 when I discovered connecting the TV audio output(how rare was that back then???) and VCR to the stereo was a wonderful thing... Anyway... The other day I was "reconnecting" the upstairs AV system which includes a Hitachi plasma, Onkyo TX SR707 and Directv HD-DVR... Before I had the connections as... Component/toslink to the receiver and HDMI to the plasma. Well, I switched it, cause you know...1080P VOD...figured since I'd most likely watch WITH the AVR, switch the inputs... Right after I did that...I get a nice 60hz ground loop. Has me perturbed. Finally after about 45 minutes farting with it I discovered it was the component directly to the Hitachi. So I switch it back. No loop. Switch it again...loop is back... Start grumbling. Talking to a friend of mine about it and he goes... "You do know the 707 has HDMI pass through in standby, right..." RTFM...:confused:

#2 of 2 Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 14,623 posts
  • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted September 09 2012 - 09:31 AM

:)  I get bit by RTFM too many times.  Have I learned my lession?  HECK NO!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users