Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Grimm Season 2

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
143 replies to this topic

#101 of 144 Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 10,544 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted April 20 2013 - 06:28 PM

A friend of mine who lives on the West Coast told me today that the West Coast got a Grimm repeat from season one last night instead of "Ring of Fire."

#102 of 144 mattCR

mattCR

Lead Actor

• 9,990 posts
  • LocationOverland Park, KS

Posted April 20 2013 - 06:29 PM

Ring of Fire, however, did air in Canada.. so there you go.  Anyway, that kind of thing happens.

trakt.tv

Ask Me about HTPC! (Threads in HTPC / PMs always responded to)

This signature is povided by MediaBrowser 3 Trakt Plugin: Media Browser 3

#103 of 144 Stan

Stan

Screenwriter

• 2,014 posts

Posted April 20 2013 - 06:33 PM

Yeah, on the West Coast we got the episode where Nick's mother goes crazy on Adalind's mother and finishes her off.

Guess I'll hit the website to see if I can catch the missing episode.

Stan

#104 of 144 Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,836 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted April 20 2013 - 10:54 PM

You can't, because NBC is airing it next Friday.

#105 of 144 Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 10,544 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted April 21 2013 - 05:18 AM

Yes, and then the series moves to Tuesday night at 10 for the remainder of the season.

#106 of 144 Stan

Stan

Screenwriter

• 2,014 posts

Posted April 21 2013 - 10:51 AM

I hope they are, I'd eventually like to catch up on missed episodes.

Dish Network doesn't show it, maybe NBC hasn't updated their schedule yet. All I see is Dateline at 9:00 and Rock Center with Brian Williams at 10:00.

Stan

#107 of 144 Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

• 23,897 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted April 25 2013 - 05:14 AM

I had to manually set my HD DVR to record this Friday's episode which was originally scheduled for broadcast last Friday.

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Schedule

#108 of 144 Dave Upton

Dave Upton

Owner

• 754 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted April 25 2013 - 11:37 AM

Good catch! I wasn't going to record either if I hadn't looked.

Sent from my Android phone on the HTF App!

#109 of 144 Malcolm R

Malcolm R

Executive Producer

• 11,490 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted April 25 2013 - 11:47 AM

Thanks. I'll have to check mine when I get home.

The purpose of an education is to replace an empty mind with an open mind.

#110 of 144 Stan

Stan

Screenwriter

• 2,014 posts

Posted April 25 2013 - 01:45 PM

Either Dish or NBC updated their schedule, but it's now showing Grimm at 9:00 p.m., already on auto-record so I'm set.

Stan

#111 of 144 PaulHeroy

PaulHeroy

Stunt Coordinator

• 185 posts

Posted April 27 2013 - 08:32 AM

What in the world has happened to the episode  "Ring of Fire"? I got a new episode "Volcanalis" on the DVR last night. Figured I'd go to nbc.com and try to stream ROF, but it doesn't even show there at all. In fact, the episdoe guide for Grimm doesn't even show it, it has 217 "One Angry Fuchsbau" and then 218 "Volcanalis". What the heck happened to ROF?

#112 of 144 PaulHeroy

PaulHeroy

Stunt Coordinator

• 185 posts

Posted April 27 2013 - 08:35 AM

Ok... after a little more looking it looks like ROF *is* Volcanalis, retitled. That's actually nice, b/c I forgot to remove the ROF recording from my DVR and it wouldn't have recorded the episode with the same title in place, I think.

#113 of 144 Scott-S

Scott-S

Test Subject

• 2,024 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Zion

Posted April 27 2013 - 08:35 AM

I think Ring of Fire and Volcaanlis might be the same episode. Volcanalis was the baddie in ROF.

-----
Scott

View My DVD Collection
Stop the on-screen Bugs!!!!!!

#114 of 144 Malcolm R

Malcolm R

Executive Producer

• 11,490 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted April 27 2013 - 11:05 AM

Not one of the better episodes, IMO. It seems like one of those "phone it in" episodes series seem to generate once in a while as they ramp up to the finale.

The story was weak (precious rocks...really?), the baddie seemed out of character with the series and it seems like they really had to work to shoe-horn him into the Grimm mythology (was this based on a Grimm tale? I flipped through my anthology but couldn't match it up), and the solution was pretty obvious. Plus there was more Adalind crap that I don't give two squirts about. Keeping her around is dragging down the whole series.

Edited by Malcolm R, April 27 2013 - 11:06 AM.

The purpose of an education is to replace an empty mind with an open mind.

#115 of 144 Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

• 23,897 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted April 27 2013 - 11:23 AM

Not one of the better episodes, IMO. It seems like one of those "phone it in" episodes series seem to generate once in a while as they ramp up to the finale.

The story was weak (precious rocks...really?), the baddie seemed out of character with the series and it seems like they really had to work to shoe-horn him into the Grimm mythology (was this based on a Grimm tale? I flipped through my anthology but couldn't match it up), and the solution was pretty obvious. Plus there was more Adalind crap that I don't give two squirts about. Keeping her around is dragging down the whole series.

That's assuming if the majority of its audience agrees with you.  She doesn't bother me quite as much as some folks around here.

Crawdaddy

#116 of 144 Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 10,544 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted April 27 2013 - 01:12 PM

While I'm no fan of Adalind, she's involved in a subplot that's moderately interesting now. That's more than can be said of Juliet whose storyline is of no interest to me whatsoever. I think the show has struggled for two years to find some things for the actress to do to keep her on the show.

#117 of 144 Scott-S

Scott-S

Test Subject

• 2,024 posts

Posted April 27 2013 - 01:44 PM

I was wondering if the actor that plays Hank had an injury that made him miss most of the episode. I noticed they "wheeled" him out the door and into the elevator for his "vacation". It almost looked like he was in a wheelchair.

-----
Scott

View My DVD Collection

#118 of 144 Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

• 23,897 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted April 27 2013 - 03:54 PM

While I'm no fan of Adalind, she's involved in a subplot that's moderately interesting now. That's more than can be said of Juliet whose storyline is of no interest to me whatsoever. I think the show has struggled for two years to find some things for the actress to do to keep her on the show.

I think you're right.  Nick has too many incidents against Wesan for her to remain ignorant of his gift/curse going forward.

Crawdaddy

#119 of 144 Steve Berger

Steve Berger

Supporting Actor

• 954 posts

Posted April 28 2013 - 06:24 AM

I'm getting pretty good with the "skip" feature on my player to bypass Juliette and Adelind. I suspect the main purpose of the week's monster was to provide a background to incrementally (and painfully slowly) advance the sub-plots. ("Adelind", "Juliette", plus "The Royals", and "The Mother" waiting in the shadows)

Did they hire old "Soap Opera" writers? Way too many story lines for me. Most of them should have been wrapped up in a 2 or 3 story arc, IMHO.

#120 of 144 Scott-S

Scott-S

Test Subject

• 2,024 posts

Posted April 28 2013 - 06:40 AM

Turns out I think I am correct about Russell Hornsby (Hank).  "Hornsby was nursing an injury to his Achilles tendon" when seen at a local gym in Oregon. I bet that was why his "vacation" seemed to be thrown in at the beginning and why they took great pains to no have him not walk in his one scene.

I am worried that that sort of injury will take a while to heal and they will have to come up with a reason on the show as to why he is limping. My guess is that they either have him still on vacation the next few episodes, or he comes back from vacation nursing an injury.

Edited by Scott-S, April 28 2013 - 08:51 AM.

-----
Scott

View My DVD Collection

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users