-

Photo
- - - - -

my Marantz reciever keep shuitting down

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 lnoel

lnoel

Auditioning

• 6 posts

Posted August 24 2012 - 01:16 PM

Hey guys....can I get some expert advice. We had a guy set up ouir surround sound here at our home and everything worked great for about a day or two. Thne the receiver started to gte hot and shut down. We changed the location to give it better ventilation and it continued to shut down after a few minutes. Then we got a new receiver to rule out a bad reciver, and now its doing it again. We have an older pair of B&W P6 spears for the front, an older B&W front speaker, a sub-woofer, two outside speakers, two 8 inch back speakers and a bathroom speaker all hooked up on the system. The receiver shuts down for TV surround, and everything and it goes immediately into standby and won't even begin playing so we don't want to push it anf fry something. Somebody told us this could be a bad speaker but that doesn't make any sense to us as they all sound great when working. Seems more like a bad connection, or bad wiring or cables? help

#2 of 6 Mr645

Mr645

Stunt Coordinator

• 209 posts
  • LocationBoca Raton, Florida

Posted August 24 2012 - 02:59 PM

Sounds like the speakers are not hooked up properly, or the receiver simply cannot handle the load of all the speakers. What model receiver and what are the ohm ratings of each of the speakers?

#3 of 6 lnoel

lnoel

Auditioning

• 6 posts

Posted August 24 2012 - 03:11 PM

Well I dont know and that is why I paid a professional to set this up. The Marantz is the SR 6006 . The speakers are B & W P6 speakers. How can I find the info you are asking for?

#4 of 6 Type A

Type A

Supporting Actor

• 794 posts
  • LocationPortland Oregon

Posted August 24 2012 - 05:30 PM

Your specs are down the page a bit and can be found here. Your speakers are 8 ohms which means that the Marantz should have no problem. I suspect that youre getting bad AVRs. Where did you buy your AVR? Is this verified (by you) to be a brand new AVR? When you say "professional", is this a major electronics retailer in your area? Seems to me this is not your problem, sounds like the installers problem, what is their warranty on installs?
JVC DLA-RS60U3D & DaLite High Power 106"
Paradigm Studio V.5 20 (5) & ADP590 (2)  
Hsu VTF-2 MK3 (2) & MBM-12 MK2 (2)

Yamaha RX-A3010 & Emotiva XPA5
Oppo BDP93 & Darbee DVP 5000

*My Home Theater Photo Journal*

#5 of 6 lnoel

lnoel

Auditioning

• 6 posts

Posted August 25 2012 - 04:16 AM

The AVR is inside the receiver I take it? We bought it from Magnolia and yes it was new. The first one we bought was from audio advisors online, remember, this is number two as part of the problem identification

#6 of 6 Type A

Type A

Supporting Actor

• 794 posts
  • LocationPortland Oregon

Posted August 25 2012 - 07:47 AM

AVR is another term for receiver, it stands for audio video receiver. I cant think of a problem that would fry your receiver in a day or two, except getting a bad receiver that stops after a day or two.
JVC DLA-RS60U3D & DaLite High Power 106"
Paradigm Studio V.5 20 (5) & ADP590 (2)  
Hsu VTF-2 MK3 (2) & MBM-12 MK2 (2)

Yamaha RX-A3010 & Emotiva XPA5
Oppo BDP93 & Darbee DVP 5000

*My Home Theater Photo Journal*