-

Photo
- - - - -

Looking for a new place to call home

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Type A

Type A

Supporting Actor

• 794 posts
  • LocationPortland Oregon

Posted August 23 2012 - 12:53 PM

Hi all! I registered years ago but have never been a very active member. Love the realistic forum rules and I think its time to be much more active here at HTF :D A little about me, Im a 20 year home theater enthusiast. Ive rarely paid full price for anything in my home theater. Most of my gear is good quality but was purchased either used, or at a serious discount. My current system includes a JVC DLA-RS1X projector throwing to a Optoma GrayWolf 106" screen. My five speakers are from the now defunct company av123. They include, from their signature line: RS1000 tower mains, an RSC200 center, and a pair of RS250 MK2 for the rears (sitting on DIY stands). I have a pair of Hsu VTF2 MK3 for subs, they are one of them rare exceptions where I did pay full price for something brand new. I have DIY acoustic room panels for my first reflection points. I use a Sherwood R972 as my audio processor (huge Trinnov 3D fan here) and an Emotiva XPA-5 amp for the power. I have an Oppo BDP93 blu ray player and a modest blu ray collection made up of mostly action flicks. This is my main theater rig and is not a dedicated room but rather in a living room. But wait, thats not all! I also have a front projection system in the bedroom and occasionally a system in my back yard, both these systems use an older Mitsubishi HC3000 projector and two channel audio. I love my Sennheiser HD650 headphones in combination with my FiiO E7/E9 desktop amp and DAC for classic rock and roll music listening. Im an Xbox 360 gamer, favorites games include Fallout 3 New Vegas and the Rainbow Six franchise. Ive got an extensive photo collection of my theater, going back many years and Ill get those posted in the near future. I love talking Home Theater and Im looking forward to finding a new home here at HTF and becoming a much more active member.

Zone 1

A couple of screen shots...

JVC DLA-RS60U3D & DaLite High Power 106"
Paradigm Studio V.5 20 (5) & ADP590 (2)  
Hsu VTF-2 MK3 (2) & MBM-12 MK2 (2)

Yamaha RX-A3010 & Emotiva XPA5
Oppo BDP93 & Darbee DVP 5000

*My Home Theater Photo Journal*

#2 of 4 ONLINE   Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill

Producer

• 5,518 posts
  • LocationDFW

Posted August 23 2012 - 01:07 PM

Hi Ty, glad you're here!

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Sam Posten

Sam Posten

Executive Producer

• 16,710 posts
  • LocationAberdeen, MD & Navesink, NJ

Posted August 28 2012 - 01:02 AM

Saw your picture thread, impressive! Welcome to HTF!

I lost my signature and all I got was this Nutter t-shirt

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Type A

Type A

Supporting Actor

• 794 posts
  • LocationPortland Oregon

Posted August 28 2012 - 06:55 AM

JVC DLA-RS60U3D & DaLite High Power 106"
Paradigm Studio V.5 20 (5) & ADP590 (2)  
Hsu VTF-2 MK3 (2) & MBM-12 MK2 (2)

Yamaha RX-A3010 & Emotiva XPA5
Oppo BDP93 & Darbee DVP 5000