-

Photo
- - - - -

Can anyone please help me figure out how to order VON RYAN'S EXPRESS Blu from Amazon France...?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 OFFLINE   Dick

Dick

Producer

• 4,155 posts

Posted August 21 2012 - 03:39 PM

My browser only permits translation of the first page of Amazon's foreign language sites, so when I get to ordering on subsequent pages, I have to guess a lot. I have successfully ordered several times from Amazon France but am running into an issue this time - even though the copy I am trying to buy is being sold by an "Amazon" fulfillment dealer, they will not allow me to have it shipped either to my physical address or to my P.O. Box here in the states. I have sent them translated messages and they have returned messages in French to me that are not being helpful. Is there anyone with suggestions about how to actually acquire this title, which seems to be available on Blu ONLY in France? Many thanks, all.

#2 of 8 OFFLINE   Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

Studio Mogul

• 24,643 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted August 22 2012 - 02:33 AM

I ran into the same problem.  Thankfully, with Fox acknowledging this title coming out in the near future here, I can wait for that release.

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Schedule

#3 of 8 OFFLINE   Dick

Dick

Producer

• 4,155 posts

Posted August 22 2012 - 10:45 AM

I ran into the same problem.  Thankfully, with Fox acknowledging this title coming out in the near future here, I can wait for that release.

Hi, Robert -- was this a reliable industry source? If so, I, too, will wait.

#4 of 8 OFFLINE   Rick Thompson

Rick Thompson

Supporting Actor

• 894 posts

Posted August 23 2012 - 12:34 AM

My copy came directly from Amazon France. Has it be withdrawn/deleted in France? I just went on Amazon France and it says fulfillment is by Amazon, not someone else.

#5 of 8 OFFLINE   Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

Studio Mogul

• 24,643 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted August 23 2012 - 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by Dick 

Hi, Robert -- was this a reliable industry source? If so, I, too, will wait.

Mr. Finn over in his thread in the BR section of the forum.

http://www.hometheat...60#post_3965117

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Schedule

#6 of 8 OFFLINE   Douglas R

Douglas R

Screenwriter

• 1,839 posts
  • LocationLondon, United Kingdom

Posted August 24 2012 - 07:53 PM

My browser only permits translation of the first page of Amazon's foreign language sites, so when I get to ordering on subsequent pages, I have to guess a lot. I have successfully ordered several times from Amazon France but am running into an issue this time - even though the copy I am trying to buy is being sold by an "Amazon" fulfillment dealer, they will not allow me to have it shipped either to my physical address or to my P.O. Box here in the states. I have sent them translated messages and they have returned messages in French to me that are not being helpful. Is there anyone with suggestions about how to actually acquire this title, which seems to be available on Blu ONLY in France? Many thanks, all.

Many items 'fulfilled by Amazon' are not necessarily available for export (same as with many Amazon Marketplace dealers). I have the same problem sometimes when trying to buy an 'Amazon fulfilled' item from Amaozn.com for shipment to the UK.

#7 of 8 OFFLINE   Rick Thompson

Rick Thompson

Supporting Actor

• 894 posts

Posted August 25 2012 - 02:39 AM

All I can say is, I ordered it from Amazon France along with The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance and got both with no problem. I don't read French, but since they both say simply "en stock" with rush shipping available, they are apparently still sold by Amazon, not just fulfilled. I can't imagine the problem unless you went to those other vendor lines -- "__ new from. . ." and "__ used from . . ." lines. That's when you're into non-Amazon vendors, whether fulfilled by Amazon or not.

#8 of 8 ONLINE   HDvision

HDvision

Supporting Actor

• 971 posts
  • LocationPandora

Posted August 25 2012 - 03:32 AM

Anyone needing help to explain any french page on amazon, PM me. I'll be happy to help, to provide you the amazon link where you can order directly, (ie all you have to do is 1 click and it's done).

Or better, maybe I'll start a dedicated thread in the french section, so all you guys will have to do is ask for particular title, and I'll provide the 1 clik link for all to use.