What's new

What was the last live concert or show you've been too? (1 Viewer)

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
For me - Saturday August 11 I was lucky enough to go to a show on a local Army base, Aberdeen Proving Grounds and saw Grand Funk Railroad, Kansas and Boston. It was an amazing show from start to finish. While all the acts were great, the folks I attended with all agreed that GFR was a huge surprise and stole the show. While Mark Farner is not touring with Don and Mel they have a look and soundalike guitarist who was simply amazing. There set was really awesome - took me right back to High School! Kansas was up next with original vocalist Steve Walsh. While he struggled with pitch for a few numbers, "Carry On My Wayward Son" which they closed with was pitch perfect and awesome - everyone singing along. Finally Boston took the stage and it was sheer magic. Even though Brad Delp is sorely missed, their new vocalist Tommy Decarlo is really good and can really hit those high notes.

The venue was fantastic - big props to the US Army and APG. An amazing show, 4.5 hours for $30.00.

So let's hear about those shows!

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Okay, it's the internet and somewhat anonymous, so time for embarassing statement #1.
I went to a Barry Manilow show a few years ago and it was fantastic. The guy is amazingly talented and his vocals were perfection.
Kind of like Celine Dion, James Cameron and others, there seems to be this tremendous hatred towards people like him, but he's certainly been successful.
Also have been to several "traveling" Broadway shows. "The Sound of Music" is the only one I actually remember the name of. Even though it was pretty bad, the others were much worse and completely forgettable.
Obviously not the same rock band style you posted about, but you did ask about "live show or concerts", not a specific genre, so I think my post qualifies.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
I last saw Peter Gabriel and the New Blood Orchestra. Favorite song was Intruder, arranged for orchestra from his third album. The live 3D video and audio release opens with it.
I don't see many concerts, but I did also see Trans-Siberian Orchestra and Roger Waters The Wall in the last couple of years.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Stan and Steve,

All good stuff! Earlier this year I went to a Steel Panther Show! While clearly not every ones cup of tea, it was freaking awesome! My biggest problem is my diminishing hearing, so I don't go to many shows, but so far this year, I'm pretty happy with the shows I've seen.

Anyone else seen something they really liked?

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
August 14th of this year I got to go see The Treatment, Motley Crue and Kiss at Verizon Wireless Ampatheater in Irvine, California
43c83e32_IMG_2520.jpeg

0c9b688f_IMG_2530.jpeg

The Treatment
75839376_IMG_2546.jpeg

Motley Crue's Set
bef80edd_full.jpeg

Kiss with audience in background

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Give you an idea of my musical tastes...last three shows...
The Wall at Wrigley.
Idina Menzel in Indianapolis.
Next will be Oct. 29th, Nneka in Chicago.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
My last show was Roger Waters The Wall at Rexal Place in Edmonton. I was on the fence about going but it was an amazing show. I found it overwhelming.

Next up is Bob Dylan with Mark Nopflier opening.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Lots of Wall attendees here. Check out YouTube for full concert videos. Some of them are pretty high quality, too.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Originally Posted by Steve Tannehill /t/323114/what-was-the-last-live-concert-or-show-youve-been-too#post_3965662
Lots of Wall attendees here. Check out YouTube for full concert videos. Some of them are pretty high quality, too.
This one is my favourite. Still gives me chills to see them on stage together. :)

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Yep, that was one lucky audience. I hope the performance is presented on the eventual blu-ray. (Waters films every show, so there are plenty to choose from.)

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Originally Posted by Mikael Soderholm /t/323114/what-was-the-last-live-concert-or-show-youve-been-too#post_3965730
I saw Iggy and the Stooges a little over a week ago. Man, I hope I have that kind of energy when i'm 65! Totally rocking, still...
Very jealous, I would love to see them!

Afiger

Agent
Real Name
Daniel
The last concert I saw was actually a couple years ago as we've moved to a pretty nowhere location. I saw Yann Tiersen and was pretty disappointed in the show. Of course, I was hoping he would have a long a huge piano and all his gear so it was my own expectations that got in the way.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
I am not familiar with Yann. Last month I went to see Rush on their Clockwork Angels tour - fantastic show! 3 hours of awesomeness.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Last concert was Trans-Siberian Orchestra. I walked out. Some depressing performance piece that was hardly entertaining.Next concert is Josh Groban, 6th row floor seats.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Been a while.. I was going to go see They Might be Giants Thursday but I couldn't get it in my schedule. I'm tring to remember.. most likely it was MC Chris @ The Bottleneck in Lawrence, KS. I will see Nine Inch Nails this fall when they are in KC

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
If I can get in on the presale, I could go for a little NIN.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks