What's new

VIZIO MODEL M3D470KD (1 Viewer)

kpete

Auditioning
Real Name
Keith Peterson
Does anybody know how I would Calibrate this TV. I just purchased it...

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings
The set has all the usual user controls and basic grayscale controls .
plenty calibrateable ...
You can calibrate it using a test disc ...and following the instructions. DVE and spears and munsil are two discs that work. The Disney WOW disc is another. You can then go buy test equipment and software if you want to take it further.
Or you can find a good professional calibrator to come over to do it for you and explain it all along the way.
But the TV won't be calibrating itself.
Regards

kpete

Auditioning
Real Name
Keith Peterson
Thanks for the lead. Would you happen to have Specs. on this TV. where I can try to do it myself? Something that will get me close. (COLOR,BACKGROUND,ETC........) I really don't have money to have this done professionally

kpete

Auditioning
Real Name
Keith Peterson
Thanks for the lead. Would you happen to have Specs. on this TV. where I can try to do it myself? Something that will get me close. (COLOR,BACKGROUND,ETC........) I really don't have money to have this done professionally

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
The only way to calibrate a TV on your own is with a disc. It wouldn't matter if I had "specs" on your TV or not.
As my specs won't be your specs...as the specs are room specific.
It is the same thing if we both had the exact same receiver and speakers. The "room eq" specs for my room would have no bearing on your room.

kpete

Auditioning
Real Name
Keith Peterson
SO DOES THIS MEAN MY COMPUTER HAS TO HOOKED UP TO THE TV?

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings
The AVSHD test disc is all of "FREE."
If you can't afford that, then you really don't care about getting a better picture.
Copying specs is like copying combination lock numbers ... let's see how helpful that is.
regards

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
Netflix is another option. They have the DVD (non-HD) version of Avia II available for rental.

Finally, as a last-ditch stopgap measure, many of the animated Disney/Pixar DVDs include the "THX Optimizer" option from the main menu. This includes some basic setup/calibration features, but will not be as accurate as a dedicated calibration disc that was specifically intended to be used for this purpose. Still, it would be better than out of the box, or "by eye" calibration (which can't be done).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks