Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Any update on Highway Patrol

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 of 14 JoeDoakes

JoeDoakes

Screenwriter

• 1,746 posts

Posted August 15 2012 - 04:54 AM

Back in the Timeless New Acquisitions thread the poster Neil Brock / Danny said that he understood that someone other than MGM MOD was going to release Highway Patrol (http://www.hometheat...ew-acquisitions). Has anyone heard anything more on this? If not, Amazon is having a roughly 45% off sale on all MGM MOD titles, so it would be a good time to pick up Seaon 1 (the only season released).

#2 of 14 Wvtvguy

Wvtvguy

Stunt Coordinator

• 96 posts

Posted April 04 2013 - 09:49 AM

I see season 2 has been released. I'd love to see some reviews. I'm curious about the video quality.

#3 of 14 Silverking

Silverking

Stunt Coordinator

• 76 posts

Posted April 04 2013 - 11:43 PM

Seasons 2, 3 & 4 were to be released Apl 2 by the same outfit who did 'Sea Hunt'. However they are showing as 'temporarily out of stock' at Amazon and the release date at Deep Discount where I ordered mine has been Jun 13 for a few weeks.

Edited by Silverking, April 04 2013 - 11:43 PM.

#4 of 14 Wvtvguy

Wvtvguy

Stunt Coordinator

• 96 posts

Posted April 05 2013 - 02:10 AM

Thanks for the info. I don't know much about the show but I love the period.

#5 of 14 John Morgan

John Morgan

Supporting Actor

• 661 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted April 05 2013 - 02:59 AM

I had bought the MOD first season of HIGHWAY PATROL when it first was released. When Seasons 2-4 were announced I ordered all three remaining seasons from Deep Discount. About a week or two ago, I received SEASON 4, and emailed Deep Discount about Seasons 2 and 3, which was in my original order. They emailed back that those seasons will be sent when available, so something must have delayed those middle seasons.

#6 of 14 Rob_Ray

Rob_Ray

Screenwriter

• 1,358 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted April 05 2013 - 05:03 AM

I had bought the MOD first season of HIGHWAY PATROL when it first was released. When Seasons 2-4 were announced I ordered all three remaining seasons from Deep Discount. About a week or two ago, I received SEASON 4, and emailed Deep Discount about Seasons 2 and 3, which was in my original order. They emailed back that those seasons will be sent when available, so something must have delayed those middle seasons.

I ordered through Amazon and received season 4 this week as well.  Seasons 2 and 3 are backordered.

#7 of 14 Richard Gallagher

Richard Gallagher

Screenwriter

• 2,979 posts
  • LocationFishkill, NY

Posted April 09 2013 - 05:29 PM

I ordered through Amazon and received season 4 this week as well.  Seasons 2 and 3 are backordered.

Seasons 2-4 are currently backordered at both Amazon and Deep Discount. Import CDs and DVD Planet say that Season 4 will ship in 5-10 days and that Seasons 2 & 3 haven't been released yet.

I'm expecting that the quality will be equal to that of Sea Hunt, which is to say it should be excellent.

Rich Gallagher

#8 of 14 rmw650

rmw650

Supporting Actor

• 872 posts

Posted April 10 2013 - 01:52 PM

THIS TV starts airing this show once again on 4/29/2013 at 3 AM CT, if you get this channel in your area.

#9 of 14 Richard Gallagher

Richard Gallagher

Screenwriter

• 2,979 posts
  • LocationFishkill, NY

Posted April 12 2013 - 08:07 AM

I just received an e-mail from Deep Discount that Season 4 has shipped. There obviously has been a production delay with Seasons 2 and 3.

Rich Gallagher

#10 of 14 ChrisALM

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor

• 506 posts

Posted April 12 2013 - 05:54 PM

I have received Season 4, but Season 2 and 3 are on backorder.

#11 of 14 Mike*HTF

Mike*HTF

Supporting Actor

• 821 posts

Posted April 13 2013 - 11:05 PM

Just received an email stating that seasons 2 and 3 won't be released until mid-June...

#12 of 14 Richard Gallagher

Richard Gallagher

Screenwriter

• 2,979 posts
  • LocationFishkill, NY

Posted April 21 2013 - 11:51 AM

Amazon has Seasons 2 and 3 in stock and shipping. $12.99 apiece. I would gladly have paid twice that.

http://www.amazon.co...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

http://www.amazon.co...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Rich Gallagher

#13 of 14 Richard Gallagher

Richard Gallagher

Screenwriter

• 2,979 posts
  • LocationFishkill, NY

Posted April 23 2013 - 11:25 AM

Season 2 and 3 arrived via UPS today, but unfortunately both seasons had one volume of floaters. Two discs in Season 2 are scratched and one disc in Season 3 is scratched. Back they go for replacements.

There's always that feeling of dread when you go to open the shrink wrap and you hear something moving around inside the case.

Rich Gallagher

#14 of 14 revgen

revgen

Stunt Coordinator

• 226 posts

Posted April 25 2013 - 04:53 PM

Rented Season 4 discs 2 and 3 from Classicflix today.

These discs are pressed, but they are encoded from analog broadcast masters. While the analog masters are very good and high quality, the limitations of the analog tape format still shine through with rainbows, dot crawl, and some field shimmering (noticeable on the grills of the cars). Fortunately, since this is a black and white show, you can eliminate the rainbows by turning down the Color Saturation level on your TV. Shimmering and dot crawl are also less noticeable with the saturation turned down. I wish the DVD producers could have just used a greyscale filter and removed the rainbows before encoding.

The season 1 set was encoded from digitally remastered film elements and looked better.

So basically, I weigh the plus side with the lower price tag and pressed discs with the downside of inferior picture quality than the season 1 set. Most of the downside can be eliminated with simple adjustments on the TV set, so I think they're definitely worth the price.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users