What's new

NEED INFO ON DENTAL ISSUE. (1 Viewer)

huerac14st

Auditioning
Real Name
Danielle Hyde
I HAVE A WIRE SPLINT ON THE INSIDE OF MY FRONT BOTTOM TEETH. IT WAS LASERED ON ABOUT FOUR YEARS AGO. WELL THE WIRE HAS CAME LOOSE AND I HAVE INSURANCE BUT THEY CONSIDER THAT KIND OF WORK COSMETIC SO ITS NOT COVERED. AT THE MOMENT I JUST DONT HAVE THE EXTRA CASH FOR IT. ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Stan

Senior HTF Member
First of all turn off your Caps Lock. Myself and many others will simply ignore posts in all caps, this just happened to catch my eye because I've had some rather unpleasant dental visits the past year or so.
Everyone always says try dental colleges to let students practice, but this sounds a little advanced for students. Lots of larger cities have dental clinics where prices are much more affordable. Depending on where you live, you might be able to find places that charge based on your income. Could be full price, but depending on your economic circumstances might be much less.
From what I've read on dental stints, not really sure why your insurance would consider it cosmetic, seems a little more serious than that. Maybe you can meet with your dentist and he can prove that it's medically necessary.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
..Or perhaps is there some kind of process for arbitration? i.e. could you get a second opinion? It sounds to me that loose wires hanging around inside one's mouth is a possible sign of worse problems...which might be more $$$ than just fixing it...
Jay

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks