Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

WHV Announcement: A Christmas Story 2 (Blu-ray)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 of 14 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 43,267 posts

Posted August 10 2012 - 11:23 AM

Posted Image

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 14 OFFLINE   JamesNelson

JamesNelson

Second Unit

• 279 posts

Posted August 10 2012 - 12:00 PM

I feel ill. :(

#3 of 14 OFFLINE   Moe Dickstein

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker

• 3,266 posts
  • LocationWest Hollywood, CA

Posted August 10 2012 - 03:26 PM

The official sequel is called either "It Runs In The Family" or "My Summer Story". Same author and director, but the length of time required a new cast. It's as good as the original film in my eyes. This thing is just... wrong
Yes, these strange things happen all the time - PT Anderson, Magnolia

#4 of 14 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 16,646 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted August 10 2012 - 06:09 PM

Caught it in HDNET movies a couple years ago. It's a good movie and for me just as good as the first one, but to add to that I don't have the love for that first one as so many people do.
facebook.com/whotony

#5 of 14 OFFLINE   Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 5,083 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted August 10 2012 - 08:41 PM

And I thought the picture I saw on Facebook was someone being silly...

#6 of 14 OFFLINE   Moe Dickstein

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker

• 3,266 posts
  • LocationWest Hollywood, CA

Posted August 10 2012 - 10:37 PM

Caught it in HDNET movies a couple years ago. It's a good movie and for me just as good as the first one, but to add to that I don't have the love for that first one as so many people do.
It's hard to find, unfortunately. I think when people actually see it they really enjoy it though. IT'S A GYPSY TOP!
Yes, these strange things happen all the time - PT Anderson, Magnolia

#7 of 14 OFFLINE   JamesNelson

JamesNelson

Second Unit

• 279 posts

Posted August 11 2012 - 02:54 AM

One can only hope that those responsible for this will be stricken blind through...soap poisoning!

#8 of 14 OFFLINE   MatthewA

MatthewA

Lead Actor

• 6,722 posts
  • LocationSalinas, CA

Posted August 11 2012 - 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe Dickstein /t/322940/whv-announcement-a-christmas-story-2-blu-ray#post_3960849 The official sequel is called either "It Runs In The Family" or "My Summer Story". Same author and director, but the length of time required a new cast. It's as good as the original film in my eyes. This thing is just... wrong
  I was just about to mention that; I thought it had been totally forgotten. It's been years since I saw it, but I'd be more interested in seeing that again instead of this, which just looks like a Disney-Direct-to-Video-style cash-in.

Enough is enough, Disney. No more evasions or excuses. We DEMAND the release Song of the South on Blu-ray along with the uncut version of Bedknobs and Broomsticks on Blu-ray. I am going to boycott The Walt Disney Company until then. And while you're at it, PLEASE stop dropping DVD/laserdisc extras from Blu-ray releases of other films.

#9 of 14 Guest__*

Guest__*

Posted August 11 2012 - 12:30 PM

I'd rather have a remastered version of the original. The version out now could be improved..it has the evidence of an old master with thin white lines bordering each side of the picture.

#10 of 14 OFFLINE   Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 15,153 posts
  • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted August 11 2012 - 12:35 PM

First they tried Christmas Vacation 2 and now this?  I'll hold final judgment until its finally out, but I don't have high expectations......

#11 of 14 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 43,267 posts

Posted August 11 2012 - 01:23 PM

http://www.amazon.co...story 2 blu-ray

Now Available for Preorder

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#12 of 14 OFFLINE   SilverWook

SilverWook

Screenwriter

• 1,845 posts

Posted August 11 2012 - 11:08 PM

I've often joked with friends about a really bad sequel to ACS. I'm not laughing now. Funny this is coming out around the same time as "Death Valley", which is like Ralphie's desert vacation from a twisted point of view. ;)

#13 of 14 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 16,646 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted August 12 2012 - 10:04 AM

I'm not going to pretend this movie is anything great but it is certainly worth a look And if you can get it for under $10 it would be a good pick up. It's not that bad as far as follow ups to iconic movies go.
facebook.com/whotony

#14 of 14 OFFLINE   disctrip

disctrip

Stunt Coordinator

• 132 posts

Posted November 30 2012 - 03:46 PM

Being a fan of the original I had high hopes for this one. It was O.K. but it could have been much better. The actor who played ralphie was too 'over the top" goody goody for the role. I really hoped to see the bully Scut Farkis up to his old tricks and ralphie besting him one more time ala "Karate Kid". That would have been a great ending. And Daniel Stern gets an "E" for effort but there is really only one "Old Man". I can't picture anyone but Darren McGavin in the role. Hard shoes to fill. Also why could'nt they get Melinda Dillon for a "cameo", maybe as a grandmother or the aunt who made Ralphie that bunny suit. Lots of chances missed by the writers. 3 of 5 stars.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users