Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

dvd to *.avi and Windows media Player files

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 jozien

jozien

Auditioning

• 7 posts

Posted August 08 2012 - 04:02 PM

I have some old VCR tapes I want to transfer to DVD. I have a VCR/DVD combo recorder that I can dub VCR to DVD. How can you convert the DVD to *.avi files or Windows Media Player files so I can e-mail them to my family? I googled this and found an opensource Windows .exe program "handbrake" and "handbrake" in linux but couldn't get either to run. Has anyone tranfered a DVD to *.avi or WMP files? jozien

#2 of 2 Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 14,560 posts
  • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted August 11 2012 - 06:32 AM

Welcome to Home Theater Forum Jozien.  I would skip the DVD creation and go direct into the computer from the VCR.  This way you can capture it in whatever format and quality you want they edit it.  You can then upload or put it on a DVD.  Just search for "video to USB converters" or "video capture".  I found them on Amazon for as little as $7.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users