Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

ARC Help Needed- SBEV40-Slim Soundbar & Sharp LC60LE847U

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   SportsME23

SportsME23

Auditioning

• 5 posts

Posted August 08 2012 - 07:14 PM

Hi I have a sharp LC60LE847U LED TV. I wanted a soundbar with inputs and purchased CNET's top recommendation, the Haier SBEV40-Slim soundbar. Anyway I need the optical audio input on the soundbar for Apple TV, so I need to connect the TV audio to the soundbar using the HDMI input w/ Audio Return Channel (ARC). My other devices are hooked up through the tv. I'm not getting any sound through the soundbar, which is hooked up to HDMI 1 w/ ARC label. The cable box for example is hooked up on HDMI 3. So while on HDMI input 3, how can I get sound through the soundbar??? Any ideas? The easy solution is to hook up optical audio, but I need the Apple TV to go directly to the soundbars only input for that, so I can listen to music with a game on or while playing Xbox. Truly appreciate your help, thank you!!!

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Jason Charlton

Jason Charlton

Producer

• 3,015 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted August 09 2012 - 05:30 AM

In order for ARC to work, both the TV and the sound bar need to support ARC.  A quick scan through the manual for the soundbar makes no mention of it supporting ARC.

Are you new to the Home Theater Forum? Stop by the New Member Introductions area and introduce yourself! See you there!

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 14,896 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted August 09 2012 - 07:43 AM

You could always buy one of these... http://www.amazon.co... switch optical I don't know if that one spits out 5.1 via the optical and digital coax. But when you research these...you will find that out.

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 14,896 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted August 09 2012 - 08:40 AM

Haier TV and window AC aren't bad(actually the wAC are quite good)... The rest of their stuff...meh... And a CNet review??? Ever since they fired a reviewer for giving a "sight sponsor" a bad review...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users