Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Need some help with a mixed stereo system

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 pyniefresh98

pyniefresh98

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted August 08 2012 - 01:50 PM

I have a Technics SA-GX170 stereo receiver, a Wharfedale Sub Bass 2130 sub woofer and a Sony HCD-RG20 CD player as well as various speakers that hook up with stereo wire. My old roommate left most of it when he moved out and I was wondering if there was any way to get it all to work off of eachother, as well as what i would need to do it.

#2 of 2

Posted August 08 2012 - 05:07 PM

It should all work together.  Below is a picture of the back of the Technics SA-GX170

You want to use RCA cables (pictured below) to go from the CD input on the back of your Technics to the back of your Sony CD player.

I don't know exactly how the Technics receiver will work with two sets of speakers, but it appears that you can hook up to sets of speakers to the speaker connectors on the back of the Technics.  Make sure that you put the copper color part of the speaker wire in the red connector for both the Technics and the speaker and the silver part in the black for both the speaker and the Technics.

I can't find the layout of your subwoofer, but since your receiver doesn't have any outputs except for speaker outputs, you would take speaker wire from the Technics and plug it into the back of your sub.  Some subs have output that you then would plug your speakers into as the sub would have a crossover that would just have the low frequenies go to it and then pass the higher frequencies to your speakers.  However, I can't determine that as I can't see any manuals or pictures for the sub.

Hope that helps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users