-

Photo
- - - - -

"War of the Roses" & "Hoffa" coming out in 2012

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Oliver Siegel

Oliver Siegel

Stunt Coordinator

• 57 posts

Posted August 08 2012 - 07:41 AM

According to Mr.Lumenick "Debuting during the "holiday'' season is a new director-oriented "Signature'' series of Blu-rays with transfers supervised by the filmmakers who will also provide commentary tracks. First up is Danny DeVito with "War of the Roses'' and "Hoffa"

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Paul Rossen

Paul Rossen

Second Unit

• 484 posts

Posted August 08 2012 - 10:00 AM

According to Mr.Lumenick "Debuting during the "holiday'' season is a new director-oriented "Signature'' series of Blu-rays with transfers supervised by the filmmakers who will also provide commentary tracks. First up is Danny DeVito with "War of the Roses'' and "Hoffa"

Here you go.... New Patton. Cleopatra...others on way... http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=9281

#3 of 5 ONLINE   JohnS

JohnS

Producer

• 4,535 posts

Posted August 08 2012 - 10:24 AM

I love War of the Roses. Glad to see it will get a director approved transfer. But is the commentary new as well? or just tricky word play and the commentary is being ported over from the laserdisc, which was used on the dvd as well. I wouldn't mind the old commentary ported over as I remember that it was quite entertaining. I'd like to see the deleted scenes and four different trailers ported over.

all-banner.jpg

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Moe Dickstein

Moe Dickstein

Producer

• 3,145 posts
  • LocationSherman Oaks, CA

Posted August 08 2012 - 08:37 PM

What we need with War is to have the 3 hour version that DeVito says he wanted to release. I remember cutting together all the available deleted scenes into the pic from LD years ago and it was a better view than just the theatrical edit
Yes, these strange things happen all the time - PT Anderson, Magnolia

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   ahollis

ahollis

Producer

• 5,744 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted August 09 2012 - 05:37 AM

Mercy, I had forgotten about the 3 hour DeVito version of WAR OF THE ROSES that was talked about when the LaserDisc arrived.  Now that would be and interesting release.  Bring it on Fox, you can do it.

"Get a director and a writer and leave them alone. That`s how the best pictures get made" - William "Wild Bill" Wellman