What's new

"War of the Roses" & "Hoffa" coming out in 2012 (1 Viewer)

Oliver Siegel

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Oliver
According to Mr.Lumenick
"Debuting during the "holiday'' season is a new director-oriented "Signature'' series of Blu-rays with transfers supervised by the filmmakers who will also provide commentary tracks. First up is Danny DeVito with "War of the Roses'' and "Hoffa"

Paul Rossen

Screenwriter
Oliver Siegel said:
According to Mr.Lumenick
"Debuting during the "holiday'' season is a new director-oriented "Signature'' series of Blu-rays with transfers supervised by the filmmakers who will also provide commentary tracks. First up is Danny DeVito with "War of the Roses'' and "Hoffa"
Here you go....
New Patton. Cleopatra...others on way...
http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=9281

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I love War of the Roses.
Glad to see it will get a director approved transfer.
But is the commentary new as well? or just tricky word play and the commentary is being ported over from the laserdisc, which was used on the dvd as well.
I wouldn't mind the old commentary ported over as I remember that it was quite entertaining.
I'd like to see the deleted scenes and four different trailers ported over.

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
What we need with War is to have the 3 hour version that DeVito says he wanted to release. I remember cutting together all the available deleted scenes into the pic from LD years ago and it was a better view than just the theatrical edit

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Mercy, I had forgotten about the 3 hour DeVito version of WAR OF THE ROSES that was talked about when the LaserDisc arrived. Now that would be and interesting release. Bring it on Fox, you can do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks