-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

HTPC Display Resolution Help !

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 sidrockrulz

sidrockrulz

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted August 07 2012 - 05:34 PM

Here starts my issue: I got myself a Yamaha RX-V665 Receiver. I am now connected to the receiver via HDMI and things seem to be working fine with all the sound settings. However, When I am connected from my laptop to my receiver, the receiver is recognized as an external display by my computer and I am having issues with the resolution of my screen. ( I do not have an external monitor ). My native screen resolution ( On the laptop ) is 1920 x 1200, but the resolution that windows automatically applies on my screen (When the receiver is connected ) is 1920 x 1080 ( 1080p ). While this is a great resolution, I am kind of uncomfartable working with my lowered screen resolution now. This also leaves approx 3/4th of an inch empty black space on the top and bottom of my display. I have an ATI 5870 Graphics card, and I was able to stretch the 1920 x 1080 resolution to fit my screen ( through the Catalyst Command Center ), but this looks really ugly and stretched out. Is there any way to force a 1920 x 1200 onto my display ? Also, If i disable the secondary display that Windows detects( Yamaha Receiver ), the sound is cut off too ( Like the receiver is not connected via HDMI at all ! ). When connected to Windows, my receiver automatically sets to the "Straight" configuration. Is there any way I can change this ? Anyway to fix the 1920 x 1080 issue ? Thanks again !