-

Photo
- - - - -

S.H.I.E.L.D. (Joss Whedon's Live Action Marvel Universe TV Series on ABC)

• Please log in to reply
557 replies to this topic

#261 of 558 OFFLINE   spshultz

spshultz

Second Unit

• 298 posts

Posted January 15 2014 - 10:39 AM

Ok, wait.  Did I understand correctly from last nights episode...:

Spoiler

I'm quite curious as to how they will play that out.

#262 of 558 OFFLINE   Sam Favate

Sam Favate

Producer

• 4,846 posts

Posted January 15 2014 - 03:06 PM

I'm quite curious as to how they will play that out.

Me too. I enjoyed last night's show -- I like how the rest of the team is getting more things to do. 

It seems fashionable to bash the show, but I've enjoyed it all along. I like how it harkens back to some 70s adventure shows.

#263 of 558 OFFLINE   Todd J Moore

Todd J Moore

Second Unit

• 337 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted January 15 2014 - 05:54 PM

I'm surprised I haven't commented on this yet. There again, I haven't wandered out of the Blu Ray Forums yet. Anyhow, I'm the type of guy who watches very few if any TV shows during the course of a year. I'm much more a movie person. Anyhow, I've seen every episode so far of this show and love it. The cast does a good job and the show is mostly fun, with very little gore. Others have commented that it reminds them of a 70s or 80s action show, and that may be why I like it so much. Of course, it's a lot better (to me anyway) than most of those 70s and 80s action shows that I grew up on. Knight Rider didn't seem to age too well and the less said about The Dukes of Hazzard, the better. But I think this one may have legs--and not just on the gals. :)

Viewing a 3D movie in 2D is kinda like viewing a Scope movie in Pan and Scan.

#264 of 558 OFFLINE   mattCR

mattCR

Lead Actor

• 9,998 posts
  • LocationOverland Park, KS

Posted January 17 2014 - 09:41 AM

I'm really liking the new slightly darker track this is taking so far.   I think we could be on the right foot, and we're not about to introduce people of semi-power it appears.

trakt.tv

Ask Me about HTPC! (Threads in HTPC / PMs always responded to)

This signature is povided by MediaBrowser 3 Trakt Plugin: Media Browser 3

#265 of 558 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 16,143 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted January 17 2014 - 10:58 AM

Matt did you delete a pic of something from the show?
facebook.com/whotony

#266 of 558 OFFLINE   todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 6,895 posts

Posted January 17 2014 - 02:51 PM

Lady Siff from "Thor" will be appearing on an upcoming episode.
Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#267 of 558 OFFLINE   Jeffery_H

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor

• 756 posts

Posted January 17 2014 - 03:31 PM

Of course, it's a lot better (to me anyway) than most of those 70s and 80s action shows that I grew up on. Knight Rider didn't seem to age too well and the less said about The Dukes of Hazzard, the better.

Totally disagree with you about your statement above.

Most of those '70s and '80s action shows were as good or better than this show or even some other more modern shows of the current era. As to the Dukes of Hazzard, I have always LOVED that show and still do. It's a real classic, especially if you were a young teen at that time. No one compared to Daisy Duke and the General Lee was what every young man wanted to own. In fact, you will find one at almost every good car show that draws a lot of interest from the crowd. I love the theme song too and have it on my iTunes Playlist, still humm it to this day.

This show is like watching a bunch of kids jet setting around the world in their super jet with no real interest. To me, it seems like the shows from back then had their character much more defined, even if cartoon like in nature. If SHIELD had more interesting characters like the A-Team or Dukes, then I'd think different of the show.

#268 of 558 OFFLINE   mattCR

mattCR

Lead Actor

• 9,998 posts

Posted January 17 2014 - 06:51 PM

Link in regards to Lady Sif appearance by Jamie Alexander

http://marvel.com/ne...gents_of_shield.

trakt.tv

#269 of 558 OFFLINE   Todd J Moore

Todd J Moore

Second Unit

• 337 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted January 18 2014 - 02:15 PM

Totally disagree with you about your statement above.

Most of those '70s and '80s action shows were as good or better than this show or even some other more modern shows of the current era. As to the Dukes of Hazzard, I have always LOVED that show and still do. It's a real classic, especially if you were a young teen at that time. No one compared to Daisy Duke and the General Lee was what every young man wanted to own. In fact, you will find one at almost every good car show that draws a lot of interest from the crowd. I love the theme song too and have it on my iTunes Playlist, still humm it to this day.

This show is like watching a bunch of kids jet setting around the world in their super jet with no real interest. To me, it seems like the shows from back then had their character much more defined, even if cartoon like in nature. If SHIELD had more interesting characters like the A-Team or Dukes, then I'd think different of the show.

A buddy of mine and I met Catherine Bach about 7 years ago or so. We decided we wanted to try watching the series of Dukes of Hazzard after that. We separately made to about halfway through the second season and just couldn't take it anymore. Yes, the car was cool, Daisy was hot, and James Best was hilarious as Roscoe. But that wasn't enough since every episode felt the same. Ultra-Man and the 67 Spider-Man cartoon suffered from the same thing.

This show has a story I can actually get into. Maybe years from now I'll look back and--as with Dukes---think "what the hell was I thinking?" but I'm hoping not. I'd like to think that at 43 I have somewhat better taste than at 10.

• Cameron Yee and David_B_K like this

Viewing a 3D movie in 2D is kinda like viewing a Scope movie in Pan and Scan.

#270 of 558 OFFLINE   Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee

Executive Producer

• 10,487 posts
  • LocationSince 2006

Posted January 18 2014 - 03:34 PM

Nostalgia can be a powerful thing.

One thing leads to another at cameronyee.com

#271 of 558 OFFLINE   Yee-Ming

Yee-Ming

Producer

• 4,330 posts

Posted January 19 2014 - 03:33 AM

Reading this thread way late since we don't get episodes out here as soon as they are broadcast in the US...

As another ABC, I would agree. I just didn't know if Ms Na was raised on Mandarin or Cantonese. And apologies for my digression from the series. :)

As an ABC surely you should know, it's Ms Wen -- her full name is Wen Ming Na, or Ming-Na Wen when turned around to fit western convention, and somewhere along the way for some reason or other she starting using just "Ming-Na" as her stage name.  

(OT: Chin Han, who has been gaining some traction recently starting with a small role in The Dark Knight, then a recurring one in Last Resort and most recently a guest appearance on the Blacklist, is a Singaporean actor whose full name is Ng Chin Han -- he dropped his surname "Ng" in the stage name he uses in the US.  No doubt because nobody in the US is going to pronounce his surname correctly...)

#272 of 558 OFFLINE   Dheiner

Dheiner

Gazoo

• 1,874 posts
  • Location'skonsen

Posted January 19 2014 - 07:40 AM

Reading this thread way late since we don't get episodes out here as soon as they are broadcast in the US...

As an ABC surely you should know, it's Ms Wen -- her full name is Wen Ming Na, or Ming-Na Wen when turned around to fit western convention, and somewhere along the way for some reason or other she starting using just "Ming-Na" as her stage name.  

(OT: Chin Han, who has been gaining some traction recently starting with a small role in The Dark Knight, then a recurring one in Last Resort and most recently a guest appearance on the Blacklist, is a Singaporean actor whose full name is Ng Chin Han -- he dropped his surname "Ng" in the stage name he uses in the US.  No doubt because nobody in the US is going to pronounce his surname correctly...)

Win!

The Green Bay Packers
13-Time National Football League Champions: 1929, 1930, 1931, 1936, 1939, 1944, 1961, 1962, 1965, 1966, 1967, 1996, & 2010

#273 of 558 OFFLINE   mattCR

mattCR

Lead Actor

• 9,998 posts

Posted January 19 2014 - 07:58 AM

Matt did you delete a pic of something from the show?

Yeah, there has been a pic that circulated that purported to show something.. but then it was debunked. :)

trakt.tv

#274 of 558 OFFLINE   Josh Dial

Josh Dial

Screenwriter

• 2,590 posts

Posted January 19 2014 - 08:09 AM

I just call her Ms. Terrible Actress.

#275 of 558 OFFLINE   dana martin

dana martin

Screenwriter

• 1,914 posts
  • LocationNorfolk, VA

Posted January 19 2014 - 09:08 AM

We've had a lot of quotes and tidbits from ABC chief Paul Lee from the 2014 TCA's on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and the potential Agent Carter spinoff. One morsel of content that seems to have slipped through the cracks is Lee's comments on the difference between the Marvel programming on ABC and the upcoming Daredevil, Luke Cage, Iron Fist and Jessica Jones shows that will stream on Netflix. THR recapped Lee's comments on the subject, saying ABC's Marvel shows are for a "bigger and broader audience" while the Netflix shows are for the hardcore "super fan". In my mind, that translates, "The Netflix shows are going to be awesome, the ABC shows are watered down in an effort to appeal to the masses." Which is a flawed thought-process as there's certainly nothing watered down about the Marvel Cinematic Universe which is what captured the attention of the masses in the first place.

Read more at http://www.comicbook...vuLeWfcQTpsh.99

Playing at the Drive In

Quote:Welles, Kubrick, Hitchcock, Spielberg, Jackson, Wood ?? a true Auteur should be one who follows his artistic vision

#276 of 558 OFFLINE   mattCR

mattCR

Lead Actor

• 9,998 posts

Posted January 24 2014 - 10:02 AM

Deathlok becomes an official Agents of SHIELD character; Big spoilers in link below, but makes the first of the season narrative make much more sense.

http://marvel.com/ne...gents_of_shield.

trakt.tv

#277 of 558 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 16,143 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted January 24 2014 - 12:41 PM

I always liked the Dearhlok character but not many know who he is.

Maybe now is the time for me to sell the first appearance comic.

;^)
facebook.com/whotony

#278 of 558 OFFLINE   NeilO

NeilO

Screenwriter

• 2,605 posts

Posted January 25 2014 - 10:32 AM

By the way, J. August Richards' character's name is Mike Peterson.  The Deathlok wiki article.  Luther Manning was the original Deathlok in comics (1974) and later (1990) there was Michael Collins.  In 1999 there was another who was a SHIELD agent (Jack Truman). 

#279 of 558 OFFLINE   Sam Favate

Sam Favate

Producer

• 4,846 posts

Posted February 04 2014 - 05:21 PM

I know people are of different minds where this show is concerned, but man, tonight is really good. 

• Ockeghem likes this

#280 of 558 OFFLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 11,238 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted February 04 2014 - 07:22 PM

I liked the splintered storytelling with the same time frame being shown three or four times but always from different points of view of the team. Some nice surprises. Loved Fitz tonight.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users