What's new

Twilight Time Announces Nov/Dec 2012 Releases (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
9c3815ae_205469.1020.A.jpeg

THE RAINS OF RANCHIPUR (1955) BLU-RAY - Nov 13th

BONJOUR TRISTESSE (1958) BLU-RAY - Nov 13th

BELOVED INFIDEL (1959) BLU-RAY - Dec 11th

THE BLUE LAGOON (1980) BLU-RAY - Dec 11th

LOST HORIZON (1973) BLU-RAY - Dec 11th

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
LOST HORIZON looked great on MOD so it should look spectacular on Blu-ray. Looking forward to THE RAINS OF RANCHIPUR. Another Fox CinemaScope classic.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Lost Horizon graduating from Sony MOD DVD-R to a limited issue Twilight Blu-ray is a compelling precedent. I guess one shouldn't be surprised to see another title or two from Sony's MOD library take this route in 2013.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
What's this? Three in one month? You're killing me Twilight Time!
They're also definitely making up for the mainstream titles in the previous months. Both Fox releases are brand new to digital home video. The Sony titles are also welcome with Bonjour Tristesse getting back in print (sort of) and Lost Horizon making its debut on a pressed medium. Blue Lagoon is suited for Twilight Time given the more cult popularity (or infamy) regarding it.
Lost Horizon was clearly meant to be a retail release. The MOD is a true freak within the line with its generous extras, custom menu, and superior packaging. I'm more surprised that it got an HD transfer. I assume the extras will be transferred as well?
John Hermes said:
No Major Dundee for 2012. :(
Yeah, I believe they said we'd be getting it by the end of the year and that the delay on the title was minor. Must have been a bigger delay than they thought. Hope to hear an update on Dundee's status.

Twilight Time

Insider
Real Name
Twilight Time
We posted this on Facebook:

"A note about MAJOR DUNDEE: At Sony's request it has been pushed back to March / April 2013 in order to do more restoration work on the master. We are sorry about that as we are as eager as anyone to see it released. However, we feel the wait will be worthwhile..."

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Thanks for the update. Spring 2013 can't come soon enough :)

Cineramic

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Clifford Scott Carson
YEAH on LOST HORIZON. One of my ALL time favorite quirky musicals

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Cineramic said:
YEAH on LOST HORIZON. One of my ALL time favorite quirky musicals
On the list...of the things...that I will not miss...
Now I'm really glad I never got around to ordering that MOD. Good going, TT!

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I never did get around to buying the Spanish DVDs of The Rains Of Ranchipur and Beloved Infidel. Now I'm glad! I do have Bonjour Tristesse on DVD. I'll have another look at that because I remember it being so good that I probably don't need to upgrade. It's a good film and gave David Niven one of his best roles.

Brian McP

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
Lost Horizon? You little beauty!
The dvd had excellent extras, but I'm wondering with the extra disc space, can one hope for any further extras?

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
Hooray for Lost Horizon - I know so much work was put into that title so glad to see it getting a proper Blu release - TT, may I ask, will all the MOD DVD extras carry over to your edition?

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Robin9 said:
I never did get around to buying the Spanish DVDs of The Rains Of Ranchipur and Beloved Infidel. Now I'm glad! I do have Bonjour Tristesse on DVD. I'll have another look at that because I remember it being so good that I probably don't need to upgrade. It's a good film and gave David Niven one of his best roles.
I have the Spanish DVD of The Rains Of Ranchipur & it does look really good. I'd think it was a down-convert from an HD master, so with that extra bit of sharpness that HD Blu brings we could be talking about quality on par with The Egyptian. I do have a question about Hugo Friedhofer's fantastic music score. A few years back all they could find was 15 minutes of usable music tapes, have they found any more? It would be great to have an isolated music track, probably asking too much for all of it, but hopefully more that 15 minutes.

iDarren

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, this is one of the GOOD things to come out of the TT deal.
Brandon Conway said:
Lost Horizon graduating from Sony MOD DVD-R to a limited issue Twilight Blu-ray is a compelling precedent. I guess one shouldn't be surprised to see another title or two from Sony's MOD library take this route in 2013.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks