CBS Status Report

• Please log in to reply
229 replies to this topic

#41 of 230 OFFLINE   Neil Brock

Neil Brock

Screenwriter

• 2,098 posts

Posted August 09 2012 - 02:14 PM

Speaking of never released possibilities for MOD, what about When Things Were Rotten? That one was rumored for release a couple years back, even getting as far as a news item on TVSOD, and a release date, price, and pre-order page on Amazon before disappearing back into the ether.

That is also being looked at and considered.

#42 of 230 OFFLINE   Neil Brock

Neil Brock

Screenwriter

• 2,098 posts

Posted August 09 2012 - 02:18 PM

There's also many great black and white CBS shows that would merit consideration: Our Miss Brooks, December Bride, The Millionaire, The Lineup, Ben Casey, The Defenders, Trackdown, The Rebel, How To Marry a Millionaire. Too bad they don't license as I'm sure Timeless would love to get Gunslinger, Hotel De Paree, Grey Ghost and many other short-lived westerns that CBS will never touch.

#43 of 230 OFFLINE   FanCollector

FanCollector

Producer

• 4,201 posts

Posted August 09 2012 - 02:54 PM

I hope that the MOD plan yields many of those titles. The Defenders would be at the head of my list, but I'd go for most of those.

#44 of 230 OFFLINE   Gary OS

Gary OS

Producer

• 4,565 posts

Posted August 09 2012 - 04:09 PM

I'm still skeptical that the 2nd tier b/w shows mentioned above are ones that will actually get released.  I'm thinking the MOD program will spit out plenty of 70's and 80's material, but I'm not nearly as sure we'll see good ole' b/w series.  If, by some miracle, that does happen then I'm in for most of those titles.  Certainly I'd love to see Our Miss Brooks, The Millionaire, December Bride, Trackdown, and most of the others mentioned.  Timeless was close to getting us The Gray Ghost, but it looks like something may have happened to derail that one.  Just not sure 100% yet what's going on with it.  But I'd love to see that one released one way or the other.

Gary "and I'd get a few 70's titles - Barnaby Jones in particular - so it's not all bad if they focus on that type of material" O.

"Do not challenge supernatural unless armed with sword of truth"
                                             ...CHARLIE CHAN AT TREASURE ISLAND

#45 of 230 OFFLINE   FanCollector

FanCollector

Producer

• 4,201 posts

Posted August 09 2012 - 04:36 PM

I would really like to see Trackdown. If they do stay with later stuff, I'd like to see Nero Wolfe to finish out the William Conrad Collection.

#46 of 230 OFFLINE   Jack P

Jack P

Producer

• 3,026 posts

Posted August 09 2012 - 06:00 PM

For more obscure 70s material, I'd like to see "Longstreet" with James Franciscus and Marlyn Mason, and also the short-lived QM show "Banyon". "The Magician" would be great too.

#47 of 230 OFFLINE   FanCollector

FanCollector

Producer

• 4,201 posts

Posted August 09 2012 - 11:45 PM

I'd like those too. A few Longstreets were released as Bruce Lee titles because he appeared in them. I think Banyon is held by Warner Brothers, so maybe as the Warner Archive titles start to emerge more quickly, we have a chance at that one.

#48 of 230 OFFLINE   dhammer

dhammer

Second Unit

• 307 posts

Posted August 10 2012 - 12:51 AM

Longstreet would be great. I would like to see Gentle Ben released also.

#49 of 230 OFFLINE   FanCollector

FanCollector

Producer

• 4,201 posts

Posted January 10 2013 - 12:38 AM

Updated the original list to reflect a few releases. VEI's preliminary announcement of complete series of Diagnosis Murder and The Mod Squad is great news (I'll alter the list as soon as they make a firm date announcement), and the MOD release of Cannon has finally happened. I hope the studio goes back to more of these titles for MOD and licensing to independent labels.

#50 of 230 OFFLINE   kingfish

kingfish

Screenwriter

• 1,005 posts

Posted January 10 2013 - 03:33 AM

i would love to see the mike hammer series with stacy keach which ran on cbs.

#51 of 230 OFFLINE   HenryDuBrow

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter

• 1,272 posts

Posted January 10 2013 - 03:56 AM

I'm guessing the Keach series will likely come from Sony's MOD line eventually along with their other cult TV titles, fingers crossed anyway, seems that they want to do their own thing now rather than licensing out. Here's hoping that once Cannon S3 is out soon, CBS will kick up the speed with their other stalled/new archive TV releases either as MOD or standard DVD.

#52 of 230 OFFLINE   Neil Brock

Neil Brock

Screenwriter

• 2,098 posts

Posted January 10 2013 - 04:33 AM

I would really like to see Trackdown. If they do stay with later stuff, I'd like to see Nero Wolfe to finish out the William Conrad Collection.

I believe that Nero Wolfe ran on TV Land so that means that tape masters should exist, making a release at least doable.

#53 of 230 OFFLINE   FanCollector

FanCollector

Producer

• 4,201 posts

Posted January 10 2013 - 04:45 AM

I believe that Nero Wolfe ran on TV Land so that means that tape masters should exist, making a release at least doable.

Yes, and they ran all 14 episodes of the series, so there shouldn't be any gaps in the run.

#54 of 230 OFFLINE   Ron1973

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire

• 1,132 posts
  • LocationSE Missouri

Posted January 10 2013 - 04:49 AM

My holy grail is, and has been for a long time, the two Buddy Ebsen shows they've stalled: The Beverly Hillbillies and Barnaby Jones. I would love to see The Magician, too. I remember watching it on TV Bland back when it was TV Land on Sunday afternoons.

Find me on Facebook

My blog

Jethro, how come there's no ice in Californy? ~ Uncle Jed

Don't look at me, I didn't take it! ~ Jethro

#55 of 230 OFFLINE   JoshuaB.

JoshuaB.

Second Unit

• 408 posts
  • LocationCowtown, formerly Vancouver

Posted January 12 2013 - 05:25 AM

Please add me to list of TV anthology junkies who'd like to see the remaining two seasons if One Step Beyond released--I can't be bothered by all the PD junk out there.

#56 of 230 OFFLINE   derosa

derosa

Supporting Actor

• 748 posts

Posted January 12 2013 - 05:50 AM

It is strange that Fantasy Island has seasons coming out and nothing for love boat.

Yes, I wish there was some word on more Love Boat. Given that only Love Boat season one and two are on dvd, (the show started in 1977 which is one year ahead of Fantasy Island) now that we have season 2 and 3 of Fantasy Island out on DVD, (thanks!) we need seasons 3 and 4 of Love Boat just to catch up, if you want to watch the episodes as they aired on the same week of original broadcast.

#57 of 230 OFFLINE   younger1968

younger1968

Screenwriter

• 2,316 posts

Posted January 13 2013 - 02:12 AM

Yes, I wish there was some word on more Love Boat. Given that only Love Boat season one and two are on dvd, (the show started in 1977 which is one year ahead of Fantasy Island) now that we have season 2 and 3 of Fantasy Island out on DVD, (thanks!) we need seasons 3 and 4 of Love Boat just to catch up, if you want to watch the episodes as they aired on the same week of original broadcast.

Hi Grant, I would love to re-do saturday nights as love boat would be on at 9pm and then Fantasy Island at 10pm. I watch the escape episode the other night with Robert Clary (Hogan's Heroes) and Bert Convy as the magician turn escape artist.

#58 of 230 OFFLINE   derosa

derosa

Supporting Actor

• 748 posts

Posted January 13 2013 - 06:48 AM

I would love to re-do saturday nights as love boat would be on at 9pm and then Fantasy Island at 10pm. I watch the escape episode the other night with Robert Clary (Hogan's Heroes) and Bert Convy as the magician turn escape artist.

Earlier this fall a user on YouTube was uploading very high quality versions of complete Love Boat seasons 3-6 before their account was deleted back in December. I watched a few, but wish i had captured more of them.

#59 of 230 OFFLINE   FanCollector

FanCollector

Producer

• 4,201 posts

Posted February 04 2013 - 10:06 AM

With new announcements for Family Ties and Have Gun, Will Travel, CBS/Paramount continues to encourage the optimist in all of us. Stalled series are only one press release away from being continuing series. Any guesses as to what series may restart now that Have Gun is finishing and Perry Mason and Matlock are likely finishing very soon? I'm also delighted to see that the studio is increasing its practice of releasing multiple volumes of seasons on the same day. I understand that they have made an economic calculation about which shows need to be released as volumes, but if we're going to pay more, at least we don't have to wait months to do so.

#60 of 230 OFFLINE   maskedmala

maskedmala

Stunt Coordinator

• 153 posts

Posted February 04 2013 - 12:40 PM

Where are seasons 2 - 3 - 4 of Sgt. Bilko ?
  • Ron1973 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users