What's new

Buying advice: JVC X30 or JVC X9? (1 Viewer)

ascanio1

Auditioning
Real Name
ascanio tommasi
Hi to everyone,
I searched all the forum and I could not find specific buying advice for JVC projector:
I came across a store which sells new JVC X30 and new JVC X9 for the same price (I'm not too interested in 3D and I watch only documentaries and movies).
The main differences between the X30 and X70/X90 are contrast and 4K. Since the X9 has better contrast than the X30, and both don't have 4K, I would assume that the X9 is better suited to my needs than the X30.
Please advice and comment! Help me chose what's better for my needs.
Thanks in Advance!

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
hi guys
Kevin is giving great advice, 'cept:
If the dealer has multiple of those PJ's in stock, then rotate through all of them until you find one that doesn't have convergence errors.
I highly doubt that a dealer would allow you do to the above (unless they are selling at full retail and also charging for installation).
Also remember that convergence can change depending on the throw distance (an optical alignment issue) and also on projector orientation.

ascanio1

Auditioning
Real Name
ascanio tommasi
Kevin Collins said:
... cut ...
What I would do is go to the dealer that has these PJ's, but on a hatch pattern from Spears & Munsel's blu-ray test dischttp://www.assoc-amazon.com/e/ir?t=hometheaterforum-20&l=ur2&o=1
and see if there are convergence problems with the X9.  If there are not, then buy it.
Yes, that idea DEFINITELY helps! I noted it down and will follow your advice!
Kevin Collins said:
If the dealer has multiple of those PJ's in stock, then rotate through all of them until you find one that doesn't have convergence errors.
Hope that helps.
Yes it does! Thanks!
Guys, everyone, really thanks for all the help! Not only you're probably saving me big money but you're also helping me to get exactly what I want! I really appreciate the help! Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks