Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Buying advice: JVC X30 or JVC X9?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   ascanio1

ascanio1

Auditioning

• 14 posts

Posted August 05 2012 - 05:56 PM

Hi to everyone, I searched all the forum and I could not find specific buying advice for JVC projector: I came across a store which sells new JVC X30 and new JVC X9 for the same price (I'm not too interested in 3D and I watch only documentaries and movies). The main differences between the X30 and X70/X90 are contrast and 4K. Since the X9 has better contrast than the X30, and both don't have 4K, I would assume that the X9 is better suited to my needs than the X30. Please advice and comment! Help me chose what's better for my needs. Thanks in Advance!

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Gregg Loewen

Gregg Loewen

Video Standards Instructor, THX Ltd.

• 6,364 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted August 08 2012 - 07:18 AM

hi guys Kevin is giving great advice, 'cept: If the dealer has multiple of those PJ's in stock, then rotate through all of them until you find one that doesn't have convergence errors. I highly doubt that a dealer would allow you do to the above (unless they are selling at full retail and also charging for installation). Also remember that convergence can change depending on the throw distance (an optical alignment issue) and also on projector orientation.

The Sonodome - circa 2001
The Newest Sonotube - circa 2001
Gregg's DVDs updated...sometimes
Lion Audio Video Consultants usually current

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   ascanio1

ascanio1

Auditioning

• 14 posts

Posted August 08 2012 - 07:56 AM

... cut ...
What I would do is go to the dealer that has these PJ's, but on a hatch pattern from Spears & Munsel's blu-ray test dischttp://www.assoc-amazon.com/e/ir?t=hometheaterforum-20&l=ur2&o=1
and see if there are convergence problems with the X9.  If there are not, then buy it.

Yes, that idea DEFINITELY helps! I noted it down and will follow your advice!

If the dealer has multiple of those PJ's in stock, then rotate through all of them until you find one that doesn't have convergence errors.
Hope that helps.

Yes it does! Thanks!

Guys, everyone, really thanks for all the help! Not only you're probably saving me big money but you're also helping me to get exactly what I want! I really appreciate the help! Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users