Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Credit card warranty "doubling"...

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 12,655 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted August 04 2012 - 04:15 PM

Yeah, this is a general post, but... Our deep freeze took a dump yesterday taking about $300(wholesale) food with it...yippee. Of those with input...how long does it take to get a credit card to do anything? Of course, the deep freeze died exactly 14 days after the year anniversary "of delivery". Turns out this particular Frigidaire was a dud. So much for buying a $800 20cf freezer(BB price matched Amazon at the time for $625)... But sad a deep freeze dies. Of course tried Frigidaire and the response was "It is out of warranty". Anyway...trip ups, hurdles for a credit card warranty? BTW, already got the credit card statement, receipt, delivery receipt. Waiting on the "look see" by an appliance repair facility(condition of the credit card warranty) and the claim form(closed on the weekend)...

#2 of 2 Paul D G

Paul D G

Screenwriter

• 1,591 posts

Posted August 06 2012 - 07:25 PM

I've used American Express's warranty doubling twice - both with video cameras. The first they refunded me the majority of my original cost when it died and was unrepairable. The second they covered a replacement to the LCD screen when it went out a month after the original warranty expired.

I honestly don't recall how long it all took, but it was a few weeks (as opposed to a few months). You need to send in paperwork and an estimate for repairs, IIRC, and they determine if they need to pay to fix or replace.

I didn't have any hassles or endless phone calls, or anything like that. Everything was handled smoothly. YMMV, of course.

Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users