What's new

Weekly RoundUp 8-7-2012 (2 Viewers)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Quantities limited, no rainchecks.

--Also, save $5 instantly when you buy BOTH The Lorax on Blu-ray AND one of the following $12 Dr. Seuss books: The Lorax, My Book About Me, The Bippolo Seed and Other Lost Stories, Happy Birthday to You!

--Get a FREE $5 TARGET GIFT CARD when you buy Marley AND the Marley soundtrack ($16.99 CD).

--Target has the following titles on sale this week:

$14.99 Blu Combo Pack ($9.99 DVD): Despicable Me, Hop.

--Target Odds and Ends: Some Nickelodeon DVDs on sale ranging from $7.99 to $9.99

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Wow...how am I the first official response here tonight??

I'm thinking Meet the Robinsons is a pretty good deal with the U/S promotion. I'm getting it since it's one Disney movie I don't have and the 3D version is just a bonus.

Chances are I'll also grab The Lorax for someone's birthday who didn't get to see it in the theater this spring. Adventures in Babysitting is definitely in the Netflix queue...I haven't seen that one in years!

Thanks, as always, Mike! (Target, Amazon and BB should throw some commission your way based on the sales they generate from members use of your grid. Just sayin'!)

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
--And, BB is advertising FREE BONUS MOVIE CASH to see The Expendables 2. Purchase one of the following $9.99 Blu-rays: The Expendables, Total Recall: Mind-bending Edition, Rambo, Red, plus 12 additional titles in-store. Up to $7.50 value. In theaters 8-17-12. Offer expires 9-16-12.
There seems to be a bit of controversy on which Total Recall will be available with Movie Cash. Most people are expecting this to be a misprint and the MC will be on
the old release. Hopefully this will be made clear in about 10 hours or so.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I'm just picking up Clue this week.
But the Target exclusive Lorax mustache does sound tempting.
I hear the ladies love a good mustache!

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Thanks for the update, Mike. I'll be using the BB U&S program to pick up the John Cusack Double Feature (Grosse Pointe Blank & High Fidelity).

And count me as disappointed that there is no dreadlocked finger puppet with Marley...

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Will pick up Bound and Clue someday when the prices come down a bit. Thanks as always for the round up!

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Picked up 3D titles Hugo, Tin Tin and Ice Age for 14.99 each at BB with the $5 upgrade coupons. They also have Transformers in 3D but I didn't know if the 3D was good or not so I skipped it. Over forty 3D titles $19.99 and less at Best Buy

GregK

Screenwriter
To add to the review of TRANSFORMERS 3, I've read that up to 40% of the movie was 2-D to 3-D converted.
Shortly after the 3-D Bluray came out, I had found it at a local Disc Replay for $15. I quickly realized why someone did a quick sell on this one. To this day, I still miss that $15 ... ;)

Bill Thomann

Supporting Actor
Getting Adventures In Babysitting with U&S. Also Lorax 3D. Will BB allow a Target pricematch & U&S which'll knock Lorax3D down to $19.99? Thanks as always for the roundup.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Originally Posted by David Norman /t/322808/weekly-roundup-8-7-2012#post_3958357
There seems to be a bit of controversy on which Total Recall will be available with Movie Cash. Most people are expecting this to be a misprint and the MC will be on
the old release. Hopefully this will be made clear in about 10 hours or so.

I didn't see a single copy of the new version in my store this morning. (BBY.com also says it is not available anywhere near me.) At least in this area, it's the old version.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
GregK said:
To add to the review of TRANSFORMERS 3, I've read that up to 40% of the movie was 2-D to 3-D converted.
Shortly after the 3-D Bluray came out, I had found it at a local Disc Replay for $15. I quickly realized why someone did a quick sell on this one. To this day, I still miss that $15 ... ;)
Thanks Greg and Adam.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Jason_V said:
I didn't see a single copy of the new version in my store this morning.  (BBY.com also says it is not available anywhere near me.)  At least in this area, it's the old version.
So far all reports say only the old version has the Movie cash. The few folks that have seen the MBE today have all mentioned No Cash.attached

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Thanks for another WRU, Mike.

Probably Grosse Pointe Blank on BD via BB's U&S deal for me -- maybe High Fidelity also although I probably should rewatch the DVD before deciding on that one. Will probably wait for a better price on Romy & Michelle...

_Man_

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Grosse Pointe Blank and Romy and Michelle for me, no doubt about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks