Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Weekly RoundUp 8-7-2012

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#21 of 68 Sam Posten

Sam Posten

• 15,513 posts
  • LocationAberdeen, MD & Navesink, NJ

Posted August 06 2012 - 02:42 AM

Next week is a huge Video Game release week, if I remember right it's also big on Blus too, correct?

"Sam, you are the biggest nutter we have here."

Blog: Navesink.net - My Flickr Stream - Dolby Atmos Discussion Thread - Updates at Twitter - Join the HTF Flickr Pool

#22 of 68 Jeff Cooper

Jeff Cooper

Screenwriter

• 1,235 posts

Posted August 06 2012 - 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by GregK 

To add to the review of TRANSFORMERS 3, I've read that up to 40% of the movie was 2-D to 3-D converted.
Shortly after the 3-D Bluray came out, I had found it at a local Disc Replay for $15. I quickly realized why someone did a quick sell on this one. To this day, I still miss that $15 ... Posted Image

To add even further to that, there is an extensive thread on AVS about how this disc has a mastering error, where the brightness drops significantly around the 40 minute mark, and remains that way for the rest of the movie.  I don't think the error was ever acknowledged by Paramount.

-Jeff Cooper

"Curse you inspector Dim! You are too clever for us naughty people."

#23 of 68 Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 28,667 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted August 06 2012 - 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by Sam Posten 

Next week is a huge Video Game release week, if I remember right it's also big on Blus too, correct?

Posted Image  "Big" is a pretty subjective adjective, Sam!

I just took a look at next week's list.  Quantity-wise...things look pretty normal.  But there is one particular title which will be grabbing an awful lot of interest.  Nothing else remarkable, however.    You got something in particular in mind that you're looking for?!?

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#24 of 68 Sam Posten

Sam Posten

• 15,513 posts
  • LocationAberdeen, MD & Navesink, NJ

Posted August 06 2012 - 08:02 AM

Not really, I hardly buy anything over $10 any more. But I'm getting Jaws. I don't buy new release games much either and I think I have 3 preordered for next week... Just seemed like a lot hitting at once.

"Sam, you are the biggest nutter we have here."

Blog: Navesink.net - My Flickr Stream - Dolby Atmos Discussion Thread - Updates at Twitter - Join the HTF Flickr Pool

#25 of 68 Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 28,667 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted August 06 2012 - 09:28 AM

Matt's review of Spaceballs now has a link in the OP.  Posted Image

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

#26 of 68 Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 28,667 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted August 06 2012 - 02:28 PM

AND...there is now a link to Cameron's review of the new release of Full Metal Jacket in the OP!   Posted Image

These guys is busy!  Posted Image

#27 of 68 Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee

Executive Producer

• 10,248 posts
  • LocationSince 2006

Posted August 06 2012 - 02:30 PM

It must be the day before release day. Posted Image

One thing leads to another at cameronyee.com

#28 of 68 Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 10,553 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted August 06 2012 - 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by Mike Frezon 

Thanks, Mike! I wasn't even expecting them to send Spaceballs. I thought I was going to have a full day to begin watching season six of Dexter which comes out next week. Instead, I only got five episodes watched.

#29 of 68 Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 28,667 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted August 06 2012 - 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by MattH. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Frezon 

Thanks, Mike! I wasn't even expecting them to send Spaceballs. I thought I was going to have a full day to begin watching season six of Dexter which comes out next week. Instead, I only got five episodes watched.

Back to the basement with you!  If you pass Cameron on the way, go ahead and give him a high-five!  Posted Image  But keep moving! 

#30 of 68 Scamp

Scamp

Stunt Coordinator

• 152 posts

Posted August 06 2012 - 03:36 PM

Getting Adventures In Babysitting with U&S. Also Lorax 3D. Will BB allow a Target pricematch & U&S which'll knock Lorax3D down to $19.99? Thanks as always for the roundup.

Tried this during a previous U&S promotion, and BB's computer wouldn't allow it. The person at customer service did the PM for me, which knocked $3 off the blu-ray's price, but when they applied the U&S coupon, it only shaved an extra $2 off, effectively making the total savings $5, which you'd get just using the coupon.

#31 of 68 Frank Ha

Frank Ha

Second Unit

• 344 posts
  • LocationLand of mole, tlayudas and chapulines

Posted August 07 2012 - 01:26 AM

Thanks, Mike for the roundup this week. I'll be getting Adventures in Babysitting for my wife. She has a birthday coming and this will make a good "smaller present" for her. And thanks to Roland, I jumped all over the $15 3d titles at Best Buy even though I don't have a 3D TV. I picked up Hugo, TinTin, Kung Fu Panda and Ice Age 3. For a little more than the 2d versions, or in some cases a little less, I can enjoy the movies now and be prepared for the future in case I ever get a 3D television. :)
"And in the end, the only thing you really own is... your story.  Just trying to live a good one" - The Drover 

#32 of 68 Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,362 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted August 07 2012 - 04:18 AM

Is the Transformers 3 mastering error just on the 3D disc? I don't remember noticing that on the 2D disc. FWIW, I liked the movie. It was probably the best of the three.
"How wonderful it will be to have a leader unburdened by the twin horrors of knowledge and experience." -- Mr. Wick

#33 of 68 Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 28,667 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted August 07 2012 - 04:56 AM

Originally Posted by Aaron Silverman 

Is the Transformers 3 mastering error just on the 3D disc? I don't remember noticing that on the 2D disc.

FWIW, I liked the movie. It was probably the best of the three.

I thought I knew you, man.

#34 of 68 DavidJ

DavidJ

Screenwriter

• 2,420 posts

Posted August 07 2012 - 05:19 AM

I thought I knew you, man.

I see what you did there. Well played sir.

#35 of 68 Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,362 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted August 07 2012 - 06:46 AM

Oh, come on! Giant battling robots!!!
"How wonderful it will be to have a leader unburdened by the twin horrors of knowledge and experience." -- Mr. Wick

#36 of 68 Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 28,667 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted August 07 2012 - 07:04 AM

I wanted to like those films so bad...well, because of "giant battling robots!"

But I got completely confused because I couldn't tell the giant battling robots apart or figure out which ones were good and which ones were bad.

I could figure out Megan Fox...and that was about it.  And it was nearly enough.

The moral of the story is:  I guess I'm too old for giant battling robots but not too old for Megan Fox.  Well, I'm sure I'm too old for Megan Fox...but you know what I mean...

Posted Image

#37 of 68 Moe Dickstein

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker

• 3,129 posts
  • LocationSherman Oaks, CA

Posted August 07 2012 - 12:24 PM

At Costco: Romy / Babysitting / Grosse / Fidelity all for $12.99 Can't seem to find Clue in stock anywhere...
Yes, these strange things happen all the time - PT Anderson, Magnolia

#38 of 68 Moe Dickstein

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker

• 3,129 posts
  • LocationSherman Oaks, CA

Posted August 07 2012 - 12:38 PM

BB online says backordered. was going to do U&S on this one, but has anyone seen it in store?
Yes, these strange things happen all the time - PT Anderson, Magnolia

#39 of 68 David Norman

David Norman

Screenwriter

• 1,964 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted August 07 2012 - 01:19 PM

BB online says backordered. was going to do U&S on this one, but has anyone seen it in store?

Assume you are talking about Clue? No, but like Romy & Michele it has an 8 digit SKU on teh BBY website which usually indicates it's an on-line only title. In-store Bluray titles almost always have a 7 digit SKU.

#40 of 68 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,354 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted August 07 2012 - 02:10 PM

The Best Buy in my area didn't have Clue in stock. It's probably the first time in a year that I looked for a smaller catalog title in-store and it just reinforced why I shouldn't bother to use anything other than Amazon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Forum Nav Content I Follow