What's new

best bang for $ drivers? (1 Viewer)

mulalleybs

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brett
Well I was going to buy a 19Ov.2, but when I called them I was told that they don't have a time frame for when they are getting their new drivers in.
So that being said, I'd like some new suggestions for drivers please.
I was thinking about the FI SSD 18, but was wondering if there would be a better combo out there or if some of the companies offer really good deals on buying more than one driver.
Originally I was wanting to spend $500 or less for the amp/driver and everything else, but depending on the power per $ I might increase that. I love hard hitting music. The amp I was going to get for the 19Ov was the EP 4000. Also, I want to buy the drivers with the possibility of upgrading in the future, say going IB down the road (its just too pricey at the moment it seems).
Anyway, thanks for any help I get from you guys. (Again)
Brett

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The Fi SSD is your best choice now. A single sub will handle the EP-4000. Or you could check with PSI car audio and see what he can build you. David offers more options that Fi so you can get a sub that fits your needs exactly. On the other hand, it's more expensive.
Your $500 budget leaves out most of the TC Sounds subs. The Dayton models are great but the EP-4000 is way too much for them. That amp could easily power four of the Dayton DVC 15's.

mulalleybs

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brett
Alright thanks for continuing to help me out. Should I go with the dual 1 or 2 ohm and are there any of those extra options that are needed?

mulalleybs

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brett
Oh man just found a guy selling a FI Q 18 for 225+shipping, I think I'll get this one. :D

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
As long as it is the dual 2 ohm model, then it will work. It is a high Vas sub so it does require a large box.

mulalleybs

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brett
Robert_J said:
As long as it is the dual 2 ohm model, then it will work. It is a high Vas sub so it does require a large box.
What terminals should I get for the sub?

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I like the terminals from Parts Express. I've used a LOT of their 5 way binding post terminals on speakers I have built. You can also get similar terminals from Ebay cheaper. My last purchase was a dozen round, plastic ones with push terminals on them. For car enclosures, the push terminals are easier and faster to work with in a trunk.

Real Name
dcrghujuikhjd

Real Name
dcrghujuikhjd

Real Name
dcrghujuikhjd

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks