What's new

Magnifier application for Windows Vista to use w/ HTPC (1 Viewer)

Pete Sanchez

Auditioning
Real Name
Pete Sanchez
Hi everyone,
I do all of my computing on my HTPC, which is a laptop connected to a 46 inch HDTV.
For years now I have been using a microsoft bluetooth keyboard, which has a 'magnifier' key, this enlarges a portion of the screen that follows the cursor, without this it is almost impossible to use the system since I am sitting 10+ feet away and regular font is impossible to read...
Yesterday I bought this really cool RF keyboard (http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_578_580&item_id=043844)
This new keyboard does not have a magnifier key (I thought it did but it's a shortcut key to 'search' akin to pressing F3), and the shortcut key on my old MS keyboard links to the Intellitype Pro application, which cannot be remapped...
MY QUESTION:
Can anybody recommend a way to address this issue? I found a few magnifier utilities that can be linked to a keyboard shortcut but most perform really poorly, if anyone has any experience with this type of issue I would appreciate any advice or insight, thank you!
-Peter

Pete Sanchez

Auditioning
Real Name
Pete Sanchez
Hi again everyone,
I solved my issue
the MS keyboard/mouse program was not letting me remap keys for some reason
So I uninstalled them and installed the latest version of MS Intellipoint and the remapping worked now so I remapped the magnifier feature to a mouse sidebutton, now I dont need any zoom keys on the keyboard, so I am using the new keyboard and it is pretty sweet
Cheers!
-
pete

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Glad you found a way to fix things. I honestly had no idea, even with 20+ years IT experience.
Didn't want to post a lame message stating you're on your own and waste people's time reading a meaningless post, which is obviously what I'm doing now. Anyhow, glad things worked out.

Users who are viewing this thread