• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 of 32 OFFLINE   Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member

• 5,259 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted February 17 2013 - 08:34 AM

It's $15.69 at Amazon right now. It's been down to $11 and change, which I missed.
Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#22 of 32 OFFLINE   Osato

Osato

Screenwriter

• 1,976 posts

Posted February 17 2013 - 09:20 AM

It's $15.69 at Amazon right now. It's been down to $11 and change, which I missed.

Thanks! I'll keep an eye on it.

#23 of 32 OFFLINE   Oblivion138

Oblivion138

Stunt Coordinator

• 153 posts

Posted February 17 2013 - 10:26 PM

The Warner re-issue is actually $12.99 on Amazon right now.

#24 of 32 OFFLINE   Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member

• 5,259 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted February 18 2013 - 03:51 AM

Is the Warner reissue the one that Robert reviewed?
Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#25 of 32 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,016 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted February 18 2013 - 04:32 AM

^ I haven't seen Warners' version of the disc but I'm nearly positive that the content of the disc is exactly the same as Paramount's.

#26 of 32 OFFLINE   ahollis

ahollis

Producer

• 5,739 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted February 18 2013 - 05:07 AM

It's a direct copy of the Paramount Disk.
"Get a director and a writer and leave them alone. That`s how the best pictures get made" - William "Wild Bill" Wellman

#27 of 32 OFFLINE   Oblivion138

Oblivion138

Stunt Coordinator

• 153 posts

Posted February 18 2013 - 04:37 PM

Should have said, but yes, everything from the cover art to the menus to the content to the encode is identical.

#28 of 32 OFFLINE   Osato

Osato

Screenwriter

• 1,976 posts

Posted February 19 2013 - 08:43 AM

Thanks. I ended up ordering a new copy of it for just under $12 on ebay! Should be here in a few days. Looking forward to seeing it in HD.

#29 of 32 OFFLINE   Osato

Osato

Screenwriter

• 1,976 posts

Posted February 19 2013 - 08:45 AM

Interesting note on the reissue. Why or did the title move from Paramount to WB?

#30 of 32 OFFLINE   Ejanss

Ejanss

Screenwriter

• 1,424 posts

Posted February 19 2013 - 08:55 AM

Interesting note on the reissue. Why or did the title move from Paramount to WB?

Warner had just made a deal (as of Dec.-Jan.) to handle distribution for some of Paramount's back-catalog vintage and 80's titles, and Clue was apparently on the list. Just because it'd already come out in August didn't give it an excuse to make money for the other studio, so folding the Paramount release and reissuing the new Warner label was the quickest way to tie up any ownership issues. But, as noted, it's the same disk, just with a new daddy.

#31 of 32 OFFLINE   Osato

Osato

Screenwriter

• 1,976 posts

Posted February 21 2013 - 07:38 AM

Warner had just made a deal (as of Dec.-Jan.) to handle distribution for some of Paramount's back-catalog vintage and 80's titles, and Clue was apparently on the list. Just because it'd already come out in August didn't give it an excuse to make money for the other studio, so folding the Paramount release and reissuing the new Warner label was the quickest way to tie up any ownership issues. But, as noted, it's the same disk, just with a new daddy.

Interesting! So do the WB issued ones carry a WB label on the packaging? I noticed Amazon has 2 listings for the Clue blu ray and they have different pricing as well!

#32 of 32 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,204 posts
  • LocationNorth Hollywood, CA

Posted February 21 2013 - 07:51 AM

No, they just have a new UPC sticker.

"And now the reprimand, from an American critic. He reproaches me for using film as a sacred & lasting medium, like a painting or a book. He does not believe that filmmaking is an inferior art, but he believes, and quite rightly, that a reel goes quickly, that the public are looking above all for relaxation, that film is fragile and that it is pretentious to express the power of one's soul by such ephemeral and delicate means, that Charlie Chaplin's or Buster Keaton's first films can only be seen on very rare and badly spoiled prints. I add that the cinema is making daily progress and that eventually films that we consider marvelous today will soon be forgotten because of new dimensions & colour. This is true. But for 4 weeks this film [The Blood of a Poet] has been shown to audiences that have been so attentive, so eager & so warm, that I wonder after all there is not an anonymous public who are looking for more than relaxation in the cinema." - Jean Cocteau, 1932

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: A Few Words About

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users