Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Windjammer: The Voyage of the Christian Radich (Blu-ray) available for preorder on Amazon

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 41,037 posts

Posted July 30 2012 - 03:45 PM

http://www.hometheat...e/61/id/164455/

http://www.amazon.co...adich [Blu-ray]

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Richard--W

Richard--W

Producer

• 3,527 posts

Posted July 30 2012 - 05:32 PM

I look forward to discovering this large-format widescreen experimental film on Blu-ray. The smilebox looks natural and easy on the eyes on my HD monitor. One of the joys of movies is that they can take us to places we'll never see and put us through experiences we'd never have, and Windjammer promises to be an original film. I have complete confidence in Flicker Alley's restorations and transfers.

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   RolandL

RolandL

Screenwriter

• 2,440 posts
  • LocationCromwell, CT

Posted August 01 2012 - 07:39 AM

I'm pretty sure Flicker Alley's is just the distributor for Windjammer and This is Cinerama. Cinerama Inc., Dave Strohmaier and Image Trends Inc. did the digital restorations.

Roland Lataille
Cinerama web site

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Richard--W

Richard--W

Producer

• 3,527 posts

Posted August 01 2012 - 02:46 PM

A distinction I should have made, Roland.
Flicker Alley sources restorations from other countries, too. Abel Gance's exquisite La Roue (1923), the Melies collection and Chaplin at Keystone (1914) for examples.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users