Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Bob Clark's "Porky's" Sept 25th walmart exclusive

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 OFFLINE   GMpasqua

GMpasqua

Screenwriter

• 1,431 posts

Posted July 27 2012 - 09:35 AM

The Original "Porky's" 30th anniversary year, Walmart exclusive 9/25/2012

#2 of 7 OFFLINE   Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 15,171 posts
  • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted July 27 2012 - 09:59 AM

Doesn't seem like a Walmart (aka family friendly) title...Any new special features?

#3 of 7 OFFLINE   Russell G

Russell G

Fake Shemp

• 10,498 posts
  • LocationDeadmonton

Posted July 27 2012 - 11:56 AM

Yeah, that this is an exclusive for a company that would only carry censored versions of CDs makes this one of the most laughable exclusives I've ever seen.

#4 of 7 OFFLINE   cineMANIAC

cineMANIAC

Screenwriter

• 2,034 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted July 27 2012 - 12:36 PM

How long before Walmart starts demanding family-friendly versions of R-rated films to release exclusives of? The studios won't have a problem catering to them and will butcher many films to make them happy.

#5 of 7 OFFLINE   David Norman

David Norman

Screenwriter

• 2,367 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted July 27 2012 - 05:17 PM

How long before Walmart starts demanding family-friendly versions of R-rated films to release exclusives of? The studios won't have a problem catering to them and will butcher many films to make them happy.
What, that would make Porky's about a 4 minute movie -- correct?

#6 of 7 OFFLINE   Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley

Producer

• 3,468 posts

Posted July 28 2012 - 12:43 PM

What, that would make Porky's about a 4 minute movie -- correct?
They'd have to edit out all that male nudity in the "line-up for Cherry" scene, and then again when the boys run out the front door of the cabin in all their glory. God, that scene got a huge laugh in the theater back in '81! However, it's interesting because when I had Porky's on vhs, the framing was such that I believe you could see more naughty bits due to the pan & scan framing showing you things that are, uh, cut off in a letterboxed version. I think somewhere on the web I once saw a kind of pervy list of old movies that show more nudity in their pan & scan versions lol; it's happened a lot apparently! I don't know why Walmart would get a movie like "Porky's" as an exclusive. I would pass on it because I'd rather have a boxed set of all three movies. I've never even seen Porky's Revenge!

#7 of 7 OFFLINE   lukejosephchung

lukejosephchung

Screenwriter

• 1,393 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA., USA

Posted July 28 2012 - 01:18 PM

My favorite scene in this movie was the one with Miss Ballbricker(!) at the Principal's office, where the younger coach suggested printing up mug sketches of the offending male students' sex organs...I couldn't stop laughing for almost 5 solid minutes, and my belly and sides ached from laughing so hard and long!!! My second favorite scene was watching and hearing how Kim Cattrall's character got her "Lassie" nickname!!! WHAT PIPES!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users