What's new

WB will mark it's 90th Anniversay in style (1 Viewer)

Oliver Siegel

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Oliver
Jim Baker of Warner Bros
"Without making a formal announcement, I will tell you this, next year is the 90th anniversary of Warner Bros., we have not yet formally announced what are plans are, but we’re going to be doing that at our lot in early October. We’re going to be converting a lot of films to Blu-ray next year as part of our anniversary, including five Best Picture winners that have never been on Blu-ray. I can’t tell you what they are, but they will be coming out. There are some other boxsets that are absolutely extraordinary and I think it’s going to be the year of Blu-ray next year and consumers are going to go wild over what Warners is bringing to the party."
http://cinema-fanatic.com/2012/07/26/of-film-restoration-and-blu-ray-conversion/#more-12139

trajan

Screenwriter
Real Name
lar
Sounds great. OK Warner- how about THE GREAT RACE ---GYPSY-----FEARLESS---HEAVEN AND EARTH----RYANS DAUGHTER---and WIND AND THE LION[I think Warner owns this].

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by lukejosephchung /t/322613/wb-will-mark-its-90th-anniversay-in-style#post_3954402
According to Mr. Baker, no less than FIVE BEST PICTURE OSCAR WINNERS will see their blu-ray debut from Warner in 2013...I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHICH ONES!!!

By my count, these are the WB Best Picture winners not out on BD:

"Driving Miss Daisy"
"Around the World in 80 Days"
"Mrs. Miniver"
"Life of Emile Zola"
"Great Ziegfeld"
"Grand Hotel"
"Broadway Melody"

So narrow it down from there!

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Well, the Best Picture winners currently "owned" by Warner Brothers, not necessarily produced by them. I believe they also have video distribution rights to Cimarron and Best Years of Our Lives.
Colin Jacobson said:
By my count, these are the WB Best Picture winners not out on BD:
"Driving Miss Daisy"
"Around the World in 80 Days"
"Mrs. Miniver"
"Life of Emile Zola"
"Great Ziegfeld"
"Grand Hotel"
"Broadway Melody"
So narrow it down from there! :)

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell
I know it's an MGM film and the concentration will probably be on WB films, but I hope we finally see RAINTREE COUNTY, the winner of this year's most wanted catalogue title on BD here at the HTF!

Brianruns10

Second Unit
Real Name
Brian Rose
Dare we hope for YET ANOTHER even MORE remastered edition of "Casablanca" next year??? :P

Paul Rossen

Screenwriter
Andrew Budgell said:
I know it's an MGM film and the concentration will probably be on WB films, but I hope we finally see RAINTREE COUNTY, the winner of this year's most wanted catalogue title on BD here at the HTF!
One can hope...

Oliver Siegel

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Oliver
A quote from WAC's FB page :
Someone: "Any chance that we may see Raintree County coming to DVD? I have been enjoying the Archive tremendously btw..."
WAC:" It is a very ambitious and expensive project, but it is still under consideration for a high profile Blu-ray release at some point."

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell
Oliver Siegel said:
A quote from WAC's FB page :
Someone: "Any chance that we may see Raintree County coming to DVD? I have been enjoying the Archive tremendously btw..."
WAC:" It is a very ambitious and expensive project, but it is still under consideration for a high profile Blu-ray release at some point."
Thanks, Oliver. That's more or less what they've been telling me for the last few years.
I truly hope it happens. It's my number one most wanted film on Blu-ray. It didn't even receive a region 1 DVD release.

flagbrothers

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Perry
Ok Warner, its time for James Dean films. And please consider Shaft in Afirca and Shaft's Big Score given that you will release the original Shaft this year.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
If they are putting out box sets, it may be the year we see blu boxes of the Thin Man films and Astaire/Rogers. Neither WB, but hopefuly they won't be too strict.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Originally Posted by flagbrothers /t/322613/wb-will-mark-its-90th-anniversay-in-style#post_3954632
Ok Warner, its time for James Dean films. And please consider Shaft in Afirca and Shaft's Big Score given that you will release the original Shaft this year.
A James Dean set? That is exactly what I am hoping after reading they are planning on collections.

Doctorossi

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Schuyler
McCabe and Mrs. Miller would make me happy, but I know it doesn't really scream "anniversary celebration".

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Maybe some Blu versions of Warner DVD boxes, Busby Berkeley, Errol Flynn ect. Mr. Roberts - Harper - The Great Race...& Hooper please.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Would love to see the WB Hitchcock'e make it to blu. Not his best films (Strangers on a Train excepted) but for completion sake, particularly with the Universal and MGM ones making their way to blu this year. And some of the classic gangster films, particularly Public Enemy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks