Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Search in the Dark

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 OFFLINE   dbaum

dbaum

Agent

• 28 posts

Posted July 26 2012 - 06:08 AM

I saw this last night for the first time in almost 40 years. I don't remember seeing it back then, but I also don't recall missing any episodes. I found it to be a mediocre Mannix episode, which still made it more entertaining and enjoyable than almost anything on TV now. The episode reflected the character development that was built over the years, of course between Joe and Peggy, but also between Joe and Art. I loved the brief exchanges between Joe and Peggy, and then Art and Peggy, about her coffee at the start ("and, it's hot"), and the trust and respect shown in the exchanges between Art and Joe about whether Joe was involved or had the Auroras. The somewhat convoluted story, Buono's typical scene-chewing (over)acting, and the nearly comical pawn shop owner's character didn't detract from an overall enjoyable 50 minutes. Also, the actress who played the daughter looked familiar so I looked her up. She (Carol Bagdasarian) was in 5 or so Mannix episodes, so I must have been paying attention....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users