What's new

7.1 Speaker placement. (1 Viewer)

Hilmir Kolbeins

Auditioning
Real Name
Hilmir Kolbeins
I just moved to my new house, but just before I decided to move I bought 7.1 home theatre system.
My new house has more ceiling height than my old one, so this posed a problem for me when installing the side speakers as the ceiling is leaning upwards from the living room window.
I would love all suggestion on where to place the speakers.
dac09f0f_IMG_1750.jpeg

7c4085d4_IMG_1751.jpeg

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
First...
1. What kind of speakers?
2. Are you opposed to using something like this...???
http://www.amazon.com/OmniMount-Stainless-Steel-Speaker-Ceiling/dp/B00006LHDV/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1342972594&sr=1-2&keywords=ceiling+speaker+mount

Hilmir Kolbeins

Auditioning
Real Name
Hilmir Kolbeins
I was thinking about using and LCD screen wall mount on swivel arm that I have laying around, but the one thing that is bothering be is the angle of the ceiling.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
That is why I showed that kind of ceiling mount. You could always make your own. Use/buy/make 1-2 foot drop by the window/wall. Then, depending on the drop needed(6 feet???) use/buy/make ceiling mounts to drop them down to the same height as the ones by the wall/window.
Or, just mount them "up"...depends what you want to do.
Dropping from the ceiling will create the best sound, but makes them visible...
Those Omnimounts(hardly the only choice out there) hold a 20 pound speaker. Yours are only 12 pounds.

Hilmir Kolbeins

Auditioning
Real Name
Hilmir Kolbeins
Thanks I am looking into the "amazon" mount for the one that needs to bee dropped down to the same height. I was just wondering if the sound would be affected if it would be installed in the ceiling.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks