Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

- - - - -

LG 84-inch 'ultra definition' 4K HDTV going on sale in limited quantities in Korea

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE  

• 0 posts

Posted July 20 2012 - 03:41 PM

Previous threads in this forum have discussed the 4K display technology that has been rumored to come out.  The 84" ultra definition TV with a resolution of 3,840 x 2,160 (UHDTV) that LG was showing at CES looks like it is coming out  Well, at least in Korea!  It will maintain a full 1080p picture for 3D movies even with LG's FPR Cinema 3D passive glasses technology, and also includes the standard suite of Smart TV features.

Of course, the launch is quite predictable, considering there's no way LG could let Korean rival Samsung rule the roost with its 75-inch ES9000 that's on the way.

It appears that LG has confirmed that this LCD has a price of 25 million won ($21,925 US) for anyone preordering the 84 units that will be on sale for the first month in Korea, and it has a 2.2 channel "3D sound" system.

I always needed an excuse to go to Korea!  How would I get it back with me on the airplane?  :)

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   Dave Vaughn

Dave Vaughn

Stunt Coordinator

• 186 posts

Posted July 24 2012 - 02:26 AM

I doubt it would fit in the overhead bin!
Technical Writer/Blu-ray Reviewer
www.hometheater.com