Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Mean Streets Blu-ray (USA)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 Rob LoVerde

Rob LoVerde

Agent

• 32 posts

Posted July 20 2012 - 01:47 PM

Has anybody seen the new Mean Streets Blu-ray Disc yet? I can't seem to find any reviews, although it was only released three days ago. Thanks.

#2 of 3 lukejosephchung

lukejosephchung

Screenwriter

• 1,064 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA., USA

Posted July 20 2012 - 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by Rob LoVerde 

Has anybody seen the new Mean Streets Blu-ray Disc yet?
I can't seem to find any reviews, although it was only released three days ago.
Thanks.

I received my copy from Amazon.com on Tuesday, Rob...haven't had time to preview it yet, but look forward to doing so in the coming week.

#3 of 3 Felix Martinez

Felix Martinez

Screenwriter

• 1,441 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted July 22 2012 - 12:05 PM

For a whopping $5 after the Best Buy "Upgrade and Save," how could I not pick it up and retire the DVD?

Looks ok - not saying there was no grain management, but it wasn't out of control.  Grain is visible, although the handful of opticals (titles and subtitles) look worse for wear and the grain is a bit thicker (this is ok) and a bit clumpy and swirly (not so ok, but not a big deal).  The darker/low-light shots can get a bit smeary and unfocused but other scenes look perfectly fine.

Audio is mono, but the lossless track reproduces it as transparently as possible.  Some music queues are strident, and some sound quite full.  Looping is very evident at times, but all in all it's an effective soundtrack that delivers the mood and attitude to match the images.

I didn't check out the special features, but I believe they are the same as those included on the DVD - commentary, Back On The Block vintage featurette, etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users