Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

EXODUS (Studio Canal)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Ernest

Ernest

Supporting Actor

• 531 posts

Posted July 20 2012 - 06:47 AM

Studio Canal has released Otto Preminger's EXODUS in Germany on Blu-ray with English and German audio tracks and removable (on/off) German subtitles. I haven't watched the Blu-ray yet so I can't comment on the audio and video quality. Just popped it in the Toshiba and changed the region to "B" and checked out the subtitles. Apparently from what I read the French release incorporated burned in subtitles (they could not be turned off). Video: 1080P/24 Audio: English Surround DTS-MA (Loseless), German Mono DTS-MA Region: B Subtitles: German on/off Thank goodness they didn't mess with the audio and changed it to 5.1 or 7.1 when the true loseless is surround. I will advise on the video/audio quality next week.

#2 of 3 ONLINE   Dick

Dick

Producer

• 4,261 posts

Posted July 29 2012 - 04:25 PM

Yes, the French release has Engish subtitles that are not removable in any way that can be discussed here. I am happy with the transfer per se, if only because it is a billion light years better than the MGM DVD, but it is certainly not flawless. I keep wondering why the intermission is dropped. I know just where it belongs, but it is omitted. I am anxious to know about the quality of the German release. Apparently, MGM/Sony have no interest in this film domestically, which is a shame.

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Ernest

Ernest

Supporting Actor

• 531 posts

Posted July 30 2012 - 07:37 AM

The transfer is very good on the quality of the Blu-rays we are seeing from Twilight. It appears the studio/distributor is taking the best negative they have and with very little clean-up transferring to Blu-ray. It is on a par of older catalog titles on Blu-ray such as, Fall of the Roman Empire, El Cid, Alexander the Great, not reference Blu-ray but much much better than the DVD. In Exodus the DVD was horrible a letterbox 4 x 3 so it didn't take much to improve upon it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users