Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

The Cosby Show: The Complete Series (Shout! Factory)? (Re-Post)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 OFFLINE   classictvfan91

classictvfan91

Stunt Coordinator

• 84 posts

Posted July 20 2012 - 01:20 AM

Can I get more positive feedback this time, please? To Shout! Factory: I would like to suggest a re-release of The Cosby Show: The Complete Series, with all the special features from the 2008 release, plus new documentaries, audio commentaries with the cast/crew, text commentaries, cast interviews, promos (NBC, syndication, Nick at Nite, TV Land), commercials with the cast, crossover episodes of A Different World with main characters from The Cosby Show, additional bloopers, The E! True Hollywood Story: The Cosby Kids, and more. "Bill Cosby: Himself" should be included, with an audio commentary by Bill Cosby and a text commentary. Lamont the goldfish, from "Goodbye, Mr. Fish", was the subject of an E! True Hollywood Story-type spoof in ads run on Nick at Nite in 2002. The ads claim that Lamont was written out of the show because of creative differences with Bill Cosby. These ads should be included with "Goodbye, Mr. Fish". The anti-drug PSA by Bill Cosby that aired before "Denise Gets A D" should be included. The "Thank you" tribute from NBC after the final episode should be included. The Last Laugh: Memories of The Cosby Show (1992) should be included. A Play All feature (and scene selection menus) should be included. New interactive menus should be included. All the episodes should be included in chronological airdate order. All the episodes should be digitally remastered and unedited, from the original film elements. The original Season 7 intro should be included for that season's first four episodes. English subtitles should be included. A collector's book should be included. A new box should be included for the set. Also, this PSA should be included: Also, this one: Also, this one: Also, this one: Here is Shout! Factory's description, and then my explanation for this set: Shout! Factory is a diversified entertainment company devoted to producing, uncovering and revitalizing the very best of pop culture. Shout! Factory’s DVDs offer classic, contemporary and cult TV series, riveting sports programs, live music, animation and documentaries in lavish packages crammed with extras. The company’s audio catalogue boasts GRAMMY®-nominated boxed sets, new releases from storied artists, lovingly assembled album reissues and indispensable “best of” compilations. These riches are the result of a creative acquisitions mandate that has established the company as a hotbed of cultural preservation and commercial reinvention. My explanation: The Cosby Show is a classic show that needs revitalizing in a lavish package with extras, because the 25th anniversary set is out of print, and some episodes do have missing scenes, notably the episode with Sammy Davis Jr. Also, some discs are scratched. (Some fans said this, and I have noticed this too, on my library's copy.) You don't know that this, and my other suggestions, will never happen. Can you have more respect for my ideas, please? Also, can you remember this from the I Spy thread: "I know that some of the sets being posted as "wish list" dvds are pie-in-the-sky. I'd say most, if not all, of us know that. But I think we can exercise some self-control and just let people share their dreams. That's all that's really happening. And I think that's fine." That's what this website is about, besides news and information.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users