What's new

Receiver/amp (1 Viewer)

dman312003

Auditioning
Real Name
Mandar
hello everybody,
I have panasonic scxh-150 home theatre system with 3ohm impedence speakers and I want to purchase another receiver which will have more HDMI connections and support this 3ohm speakers.Is there any receivers availble in market?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
The only receivers I'd trust on a 3ohm load are Onkyo.
Also, be very worried about these 3ohm speakers. The 1000 watts that the HTiB "said it produced" is based on PMPO.
If you bought even the Onkyo TX NR414...it has REAL POWER...and its real power translated into PMPO is probably...
15,000 watts.
And yes I'm exaggerating...but those HTiB speakers won't last long. And when they "start to fry"...you might damage a real receiver.
Edit:
There is no "translation" from real honest to god power (RMS) and PMPO. PMPO is "complete bull crap power rating".

dman312003

Auditioning
Real Name
Mandar
thanks for your prompt response
Actually really speaking I'm too much dumb about this pmpo etc.. things,So it goes above my head:D:Danyways what you suggest It's not advisable to use 3ohm speakers as it may burn down receivers?

dman312003

Auditioning
Real Name
Mandar
So Is there other HTIb's available which will support this speakers and will have better options for HDMI ,sound quality.I heard sony does have that.Also Is it better to have receivers(like denon,yamaha,onkyo) or HTIB?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
It would help to know where you are....
But separates are ALWAYS your best value...long term.
HTiB speakers(even in something like the Onkyo 9400THX) are the "weak link".
By the way, the 9400(till the 9500 shows up) is the BEST HTiB there is, just like its forebears the 9300, 9200 and 9100.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks